
Sam and his best friend Rachel
The other day we went bowling as a family (and grandma and grandpa). Sam kept getting spares, thanks to the bumpers, and he kept calling them strikes. We went through a very careful, simple explanation of the difference between a spare and a strike to help clarify this for him, yet he insisted on calling a spare a strike. I tried one more time to explain it to him, and he said to me,
"But I'm going to call it a strike because I'm too little to know."
...I'm afraid he's been milking that little insight for a long time now...
2 comments:
That kid is too smart for his own good!! Or wait, for the rest of us. You know he's been milking that one and will for as long as he can. I loved the "genius" comment and the one about Pa being kinda brown. I laugh out loud thinking about both of them!
Oh my goodness!! Sam is so great. I always think of him at Smith's Marketplace with some chicken in his mouth left from dinner. I loved how he just saved it for later!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment