Something you may not have known about me... I have Restless Leg Syndrome and Periodic Limb Movement Disorder that prevent me from ever getting a good night's rest. About 7 months ago, I finally got on a medication that has drastically improved the symptoms of these sleep issues. It has been wonderful! I finally have a decent amount of energy. I can make it through a day without a nap (although they are always nice!). I feel overall much happier, rested, and more myself. Isn't that wonderful?
Well... the trade-off is that I have consistently gained weight since I started taking this drug. I've gained 16 pounds in 7 months!! Yuck! I do not like that at all. So now I have energy to be a mom, be a friend, be a wife, be a ward missionary, etc. But I feel pretty yucky about my physical appearance! Do I settle into the life of being fat and happy? Or do I try to find another way to deal with my sleep disorders? That is the question. Hmmm... It makes you realize- Everything comes with a price.
8 comments:
Everything about you is amazing. I am sure you look better than you could ever imagine!
Man that is a tough one! Getting a good nights rest is so important. It makes the world of difference in emotions! Yet for me, after having a baby, having the extra unwanted lbs. is difficult too! I think if you are truly happy THAT IS WHAT MATTERS! Don't look at what a scale says!
Hey Jo... this is Whitney Hall. So fun to read your blog. I say... whatever makes you happy. Weight will be an everlasting issue no matter how much you gain or lose. Your kids are darling and I hope life is treating the Morris family like gold.
RLS sucks - I'm glad you are getting sleep!
P.S. I love you!
Hey only 16 lbs, I've gained over 40 in the same time period! That is definitely a struggle friend. I am glad you found something that helps you get the rest you need at night, but I also can realize how big of a difference it can make to feel good about your appearance (thank you weight watchers!). All I can say is that in all the recent pictures I have seen of you, you look as beautiful as ever!
Oh Jo.. how much do medication side effect suck? Let me count the ways. But what do you do?? Can't live with 'em can't live without 'em. I'm in the same boat. I am so glad that you are getting some good sleep.
Had a great time with you at lunch today : ) You're the best, funniest, cutest inside and out!
EVERYTHING COMES WITH A $... ain't that the truth : )
Post a Comment