Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy Halloween!


We went to the ward Halloween party the other night so the kids got to put on their costumes already.

When asked what they wanted to be, this is what they came up with.
An octopus and an American flag.

Sound creative? Don't be fooled. These ideas were at the end of a long list of ideas such as a doorknob, a carseat, a sidewalk, a couch, a fridge, a chair, etc etc etc.



Sarah wouldn't wear her "head" the way it was meant to be worn so we had to hurry and snap this picture and that was the end of her actually looking like an octopus for the night.











HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Did I mention that our ward party was an absolute zoo? But not just any zoo. A completely chaotic, overcrowded zoo. While we were in the cultural hall trying to eat some dinner, Sam asked me, "Mom, is all of Rochester here?" That is exactly what it seemed like. (For those of you who don't know, our ward consists entirely of large, young families. For example, we have 3 overfilled nurseries, EACH with about 15+ kids. Plus, everyone brought friends (go missionary work!) and another ward from the stake decided to come along too!)

11 comments:

The Allen Family said...

I would pay money to see the costumes for doorknob and sidewalk (ok any of them on their list would be great!) You could do it Jo! I love their creativity. I can't believe that you have 3 nurseries! What is in the water there? I love Sam's question about the chaos, that should go down in his book of quotes!

Unknown said...

The first thing I thought when I saw the picture was, he's uncle sam. You've got some really cute kids.

Elise said...

Amen on the ward par'tay insight. MAJOR ZOO!!!

Anna said...

Okay seriously - I love that Sam was an American flag. LOVE IT!

Angie said...

I LOVE the costumes. Sam's flag is so creative. I don't think I could have thought of that. How funny that they wanted to be all of those things. And Sam's comment at the ward party was seriously hilarious. As well as the presidently hink thing.

Natalie said...

Haha Presidently Hink. :) Tell Sam Jake thought Pa was President Hinckley one year for Halloween! (He put some cotton over his ears.)
They both look adorable. I love the flag idea too!

gassins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gassins said...

Ummm. That was me who deleted the last post. I have no idea how I did it, but I didn't mean to. Oh well. Take two: Great pictures. Fun costumes. Thanks for sharing JoAnna!

Kathi said...

How adorable!! Did Sarah kind of look like a Martian without the head part? Oh well, it's Halloween! I wonder if she'll even be well enough.
Got to ask you the other funny thing he said.
Boo!

Abi said...

I LOVE HALLOWEEN. Your brother and his wife came over and played a trick on us with his buddies the other night . . . you should ask him about it! It was so scary/funny!

carlyl said...

I love the American Flag idea... I thought the same as Sam, it felt like all of Rochester was at that party... Thanks for the fun time today. You are awesome...