Friday, November 23, 2007

Coke vs Pepsi

Several years ago, I was eating at an Olive Garden restaraunt with my brother and a few friends. I ordered a Coke along with my meal and commented several times that it was the best Coke I'd ever had. Sometime later, I learned that it was actually a Pepsi! I was floored! I got a kick out of it because, years earlier, for no reason I can remember, I had decided that I did not like Pepsi. And that day at Olive Garden, if they would've asked me if Pepsi was okay, I would've said no, nevermind. I still get a good laugh at this. (And so does my brother.)

Even after that, I still was hesitant to ever admit that maybe Pepsi was better than Coke. BUT! I think I am finally mature enough to admit that I think, maybe, I prefer PEPSI!! I never would've thought! And I feel like a total traitor to my beloved Coca-Cola. Dilemna. I think what I'll do is continue to enjoy a deliciously refreshing Pepsi now and again while never saying a bad word about my beloved Coke. Sound like a good plan?

What do you prefer??

10 comments:

Tracey Fam said...

I am finally a link on someone's blog, that made my day! I loved your montage of Thanksgiving pictures. Your kids are so good looking. I am glad that someone else has a strong willed child.

Pamela

Kristi said...

Dr. Pepper all the way baby! Cherry Coke is second place. Mr. Pipp is just awesome and takes over first place when it is available :). Plain Coke and Plain Pepsi are not for me :)

carlyl said...

Ooo I have to say Diet Coke through and through..

Grandma said...

Diet Pepsi all the way! But I'll take a Diet Dr. Pepper any time, too.

Angie said...

I order Diet Coke every time I'm in a restaurant, but I think I do like Diet Pepsi better too because it's a little sweeter or something.

Jen Coccimiglio said...

jo...you kill me. seriously, you might just be the funniest person i know. and, might i take this opportunity to give props to my diet coke! i look forward to lunch time every day because of you, my brown and bubbly friend.

Raychill said...

Give up the juice! Convert and be a purist like me :)
Water only!

Natalie said...

Water only for me too!!! Water tastes better than any other drink to me. So I guess my vote is neither!

Jeff said...

I'm a DP or Mountain Dew kind of guy. However, I usually just drink water

[dene'] said...

I HAD to chime in on this one. WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE. I LOVE pepsi and would take it over coke anyday..although I don't mind a good diet coke!