Saturday, November 10, 2007

An hour and a half...

The best $10 I've ever spent...
Today we went to story time at a local toy store (that is seriously an amazing toy store). I am a complete sucker when it comes to toys. HOWEVER! Today, I resisted. Well, I didn't buy any toys. But I somehow managed to drop $40 there. My purchases were completely educational, like a set of sight words flashcards (like I said, Sam's visual memory is outta this world. I'm taking this insight and running with it.) and a couple of CD-Roms, BUT as I was leaving the store, I was kicking myself with buyer's remorse. Well, at the end of the day, let me tell you this. The best $10 I've ever spent were on this one Little Bill CD-Rom! It kept Sam completely engrossed for an entire 90 minutes!! Now, if you know anything about Sam, you know that he requires constant entertainment. An hour and a half of him engrossed in anything, not even a movie, NEVER happens! So this is a miracle. Let's celebrate!!
(Especially because Dave was the one that benefited from this miracle. I was out with the missionaries and Sarah was asleep, so Dave got to enjoy some football. A well-deserved break for this hard working man that I love.)

3 comments:

carlyl said...

Hey thanks for the tip, Kace will love this. He is the same as Sam. we need to get them together btw...

[BrookeO] said...

Can I borrow...?!!!

WIKKY said...

looks like fun! give Dave our love!!! good luck with being the greatest mom ever! Seriously