Saturday, December 8, 2007

I can't put it down!

I love to read. Too much. In fact, I often have to take "reading sabbaticals" so that I can get on with my life. When I get into a novel, I can't put it down. I stay up way too late every night reading and wake up grumpy and tired the next day. I find myself wishing away my days... wishing that I was curled up in my bed, reading my book.
Somehow, I was recently weakened, and I picked up this book that my dad's been raving about. It's about Napolean's wife. Of course, I can't put it down. I can't stop thinking about it. I want to read it all the time. And the worst part is- it's a part of a trilogy!! I'm never going to be able to rest until it's done!
Okay, okay, I'm making it sound worse than it really is. I'm actually thoroughly enjoying having a good book to read inside my cozy, Christmasy home, while it's freezing and snowy outside. And it's such an interesting book. I recommend it. Especially if you enjoy historical fiction.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Hey Jo - I'm so glad to hear you like it so much. I can't wait to read it now!

Anonymous said...

Oh goody - Jo, I totally share your same obsession...I can't get enough of a really good book. I eat, sleep and live a good book. Thanks for the recommendation!

Abi said...

Oh that is so much fun when you find a book you love! I maybe will read those one day!

Lacey said...

Just put it on hold at the library. Hope it's as good as you say!!

Sara K. said...

Hi Joanna! Got your Christmas card today. I can't believe you're in Rochester, we're practically neighbors :-) Our blog is http://seederrabbitskilgores.blogspot.com It was great hearing from you! BTW I love historical fiction and I want to read this book(s).

Angie said...

I love historical fiction. I still remember that book you recommended several years ago about Henry VII's wife. So I'll have to put this on my read list. Thansk for the recommendation!