Wednesday, March 12, 2008

About the Kids...

What Sam's Been Up To...

  • He just finished a Little Hoops class through Community Ed. He really enjoyed it so I'm going to have to get him in some more basketball classes. Especially because he really needs some work on his dribbling skills.

  • He's been asking a lot of questions about how babies are made. He wants details. In fact, he told me that he wants us to have a little baby "so that I can see how you and daddy make it." !!! That's when I knew it was time to turn to a book. Have you ever seen "Where Did I Come From?" by Peter Mayle? Well, that's what we turned to. It is very detailed and quite embarrassing to read to your child, but I knew we had to do it. I knew it was a good time for Sam and that it was better coming from me than from anyone else. He just kept giggling while we read it. But we did it. And I feel good about it. Time will tell if we did it too early... but I don't think we did.

  • I came home to a big surprise the other day. Dave had gone out and bought two pet mice for us. !!! (This was before he had read my 109th post.) Sam LOVES them! He named them SCAREDY and DIGGY. He sits and watches them all day.


  • He's become a reader! He can read his little books really well and is constantly progressing. I'm so proud of him.


What Sarah's Been Up To...


  • This girl is one ball of crazy! And I LOVE her!

  • She's got a best friend named Hailey that she loves to play with!
  • They just finished taking a PRINCESS class together through Community Ed. They loved it. Although Sarah was the only girl who would not dress up like a princess for the party they had on the last day.

  • She loves to cuddle and sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night and asks her daddy to hold her "real tight." How could you refuse??
  • She is stinking tall! She's several inches taller than any of the other kids her age. It cracks me up!
  • She is sooo funny. If you say something that you meant to be funny, she'll say, "Ha ha! Get it, order in the court?!" even if she doesn't get it. And she always wants to tell us a knock-knock joke, like, "knock, knock. who's there? Light. Light who? Light bum bum head! Ha ha ha ha!!"
  • The other day I was mixing up some cilantro and onion in the blender and when she saw it she said, "That's hideous."
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kids. I'm so grateful to be able to be able to enjoy them.

11 comments:

Natalie said...

Hahaha sometimes "LOL" really does mean laughing right out loud. I love this whole post - Sarah is hilarious! Love her jokes and the "hideous!" And that she wouldn't dress like a princess. That is just not her style. How incredibly sweet is it that she wants Dave to hold her.. real tight. Augh!

And Sam!!! Umm, ok sure you can watch how a baby's made. He might be scarred for life hahaha, or knowing Sam, completely interested!!! TOOOO funny. Considering his questions, and the fact that it is Sam, I think "the talk" was good timing!!

Tracey Fam said...

Ok so my parents read that book to me when it was time to have the baby making talk. I still remember it. There is also one on puberty. Wow, total flashback! I am not looking forward to the day of having that talk with my kiddos.

WIKKY said...

What a great idea to document where they are at right now. Knowing me, I forget the next day! Ahhhhh. talk about prime candidate for alzheimer's later in life!
Your kids are so cute. Enjoy your two new kids! (little mice!)

[BrookeO] said...

It is true, cutest kids ever. But then they do have the coolest mom ever --- I'm a little curious about the mice though...

The cart 'drive-by at Target' still has me laughing, we should plan better, you make me laugh so hard, I could go for some more of that!!!!

Kathi said...

Now that's what I'm talkin' about. That's the stuff I love to hear.
It was my laugh for the day-or week! Ditto everything Natalie said.
Funny funny cute!

Camilla Millar said...

JoAnna, I love your blog. . .thanks so much for giving me a laugh. Did you do med school in utah? I wish I would've gotten to know you then. . . .maybe someday. For now, it will have to be a virtual friendship.

Thanks for the book tip. . .my kids have been getting curious lately and I was wondering what I should do about it.

Shellie said...

Mice...what the heck? I will have to see them on my next visit (if they are still alive). We love your kids! And "bum bum head" I think I hear that at least 20 times a day.

carlyl said...

Like the names of the little critters. Sam is creative. I love that pic of Sarah and Haley. They look so darn cute.

kateworthi said...

I think thist post is HILARIOUS! Your kids are so funny! Sam and the birds and the bees? HOly Cow!!!! And Sarah seriously sounds like a comiedienne already. HOw adorable! Also, I just read your 109th post; I have lots of questions - and wow, at times I thought, "she must hate me" - and other times, I thought, "we have a lot in common." So I hope you think the latter! :) I just love ya, and am grateful to be friends with you. And PS - you really love sever weather? Seriously? ...

Angie said...

I love this update. I was laughing so hard! I can't even imagine trying to explain the book to Sam. That's SO cool that he's reading! How fun. And the mice? Yuck. I agree with you, but if the kids like them, then hey, it's worth it! And Sarah is sooo funny! I love her silly sense of humor. Connor and Aleah are SUPER excited to see them (and me too of course!)

Haley said...

funny stuff!!!!