... Not ready to post about our incredibly FUN trip to Minneapolis. (So fun. So nice. So good.) Need to get some of the pics off of Dave's phone then I'll bring you the details.
... I will say this, though. As we were driving away from home, all excited about our trip, Sam asked me, "Mom, are you going to miss Ellen?"
... Had the kids throw away all the sippy cups in the whole house tonight. BIG GARGANTUAN HUMONGOUS parenting move. (It's embarrasing to admit that my kids are totally and completely addicted to milk. Way too much milk. It's bad and it's time to end it.) They went to bed without milk tonight. Did I mention that this is big, guys??
... I had the BEST Mother's Day! A scrumptious breakfast in bed. (Lis, it was the delish waffles with chocolate, strawberries, kiwi, whipped cream and syrup. Boo-yeah!!) The whole morning in bed. And a great day at church. Love my family. I really am so thankful to be a mom to these two kids. They are the light and the joy of my life. And sooo grateful that Dave was home today with us.
... My DVR didn't record most of SURVIVOR's Finale tonight!! What?!?! So upset about that.
... I need your help with two things.
1) My kids whine waaay tooooo much. What should I do about this?? Any ideas?
2) I want to buy a carpet cleaner. A good one that will be easy to use. Any suggestions?
12 comments:
Man sucks for you about the Survivor, Andrew wanted to stay up all night a watch it, he went to bed just after 8. Can't help you to much with either of those things, I can't wait to read your responses.
I feel your pain with the missed Survivor finale - I've done that before. Make sure to find somewhere what Ozzie said at the final tribal council. Best speech ever.
Love your new template. You are amazing. I have no skills when it comes to templates.
I'm so glad you got family time with Dave and the kids. Can't wait to hear about it.
Ah whining, I feel your pain. I can handle almost anything but whining. My first tatctic is to pretend like I don't here them and I say, "I think soemone is talking to me but all I hear is whining." That usually stops the mild whining. For the incessant whining I get out the whining chair, we also call it the uncooperative chair. While the sit on that they can whine all they want, but the second they get off they have to use a normal voice. I would love to say that it has ended all whining, but it has decreased it and helped my nerves. Another trick is to get a jar and some stones. Everytime they ask for something politely or speak kindly they get to put a pebble in the jar. Everytime they whine they have to take one out. Once it gets full they get a special date with mom or dad (or whatever motivates them individually) Good luck!
Haha - did you miss Ellen? No ideas on the whining but I like the ones above. I get SO mad when my dvr doesn't record something and wow - the finale?! Great job on the sippy cups. --Is it so bad to be addicted to milk? :)
I'm SOOOO glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!
Mmmmmm...can I come to your house for Bfast next Mothers day? Can't wait to hear the details of your trip!
THE MILK!!! You did it! HOORAY! I love the ideas mentioned above for whining. I wish I had something to add but I don't! Good luck!
Way to go on the milk thingy. I remember Sam would get a bottle when he was younger and he would go right to bed.
And whinny kids . . . man I haven't cured that one yet. I repeatedly say, USE YOUR NORMAL VOICE . . . hah ahahaha
I have missed reading your posts! you make me smile!! :)
I have lots to post about & don't know where to start!!! :)
Love the super mom in training's ideas. We actually do a similar thing... I'll say, "ok everyone, let's whine and whine and whine for 2 minutes" then we all do it together. Man times it involves laying on the floor and a VERY annoying voice. This only usually lasts for about 30 seconds and then Sam starts laughing at me and my "I don't want to do the laundry, cook dinner, make the beds, go to the store, wipe your bum..." : ) Then I say, "ok, now we have all of the whines out so we need to STOP the maddness" or something like that. Most the time that actually works, but only for awhile. Let me know if you find a perma solution!
So come borrow my carpet cleaner and see if you like it. I got a Hoover for 139 at walmart and it works great. You are more than welcome to try it out. Oh and whiny kids? When you figure it out let ME know.
My kids ask for milk every 2 hours. I didn't worry about it until I had #3 who is really chubby (often called "fatty"-- but picture this in an affectionate tone). Every time I dole out the cup of milk for #1 & #2, Fatty chimes in with the one sign he picked up on-more. I don't think the milk addiction is helping out Fatty.
Reading your post made me think a little harder about sizing down the milk habit. . . . .can I do it?
I always love reading your posts and sure wish I could pop over for a chit chat! I will tune in to your responses on the whining thing. I often give in but when I do hold out and say ask me without whining Kylee will eventually change her voice completely and respond in this high pitched tone of voice which to her is I guess the opposite of whining! (gotta love them)
Post a Comment