Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lazy Days of Summer

I heart summer. I really really heart summer. For some reason, I feel like I am realizing this for the first time in my life. I don't know if this is true or not. But I am SO loving these lazy days. We are doing a lot of PLAYING. . .

Tennis
Rollerblading
Parks
Soccer
Scootering
Biking
Swimming
Sitting in the SUNSHINE
Girls Nights
Walks
Piano
Naps
Sigh... This is heaven. The weather here has been delightful so we have been basking in the perfect temperatures and welcome sunshine.
I don't feel guilty when the kids are watching a tv show now because they've been playing outside all day and are exhausted. A little break does them good.
And they want a popsicle? GO AHEAD!!
Projects? Pishtaw! Too much playing to do!
I want a nap? Heck yeah! I deserve one!!
Gosh, I wish I could feel like this all the year round.

12 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh yeah, sounds great to me. If I wasn't 37 weeks pregnant I would definitely be enjoying summer more. Although the naps are still as fabulous!

Kristi said...

I love your background, have I told you that?

It is funny reading your post about summer because things are just backwards in Texas, it has been way to hot to step outside for the past two months!

If we go to the park it has to be before 8AM or after 8 PM. Oh well, we get our "summer" in winter!

If I could choose I would live in MN during summer and TX in winter, perfect!

Camilla Millar said...

Sounds fabulous!! We have also been pretty hot and somehow my kids playdates seem to be running my life.

Heather said...

Man you feel like i do right now.. even lazy about updating my own blog.. what do ya do?? Maybe take a nap like you said!! :)

Summer said...

The weather here is beautiful right now! I totally agree about the tv thing too. We're out so much they hardly watch it - so when they do, no guilt : ) And my kids have been having popsicles everyday too.

By the way, I think you are AWESOME. Thanks for being such a great friend to me : ) I don't deal well with lots of change, but you've made it all a little easier!

Kristen said...

Is this the same JoAnna I know? What happened to "I love rain & cold and dread the heat??" :)

Janee said...

I am also loving this weather. As soon as June rolled around I have been loving Rochester. If only it would last more than three months.

Natali Thompson said...

I hear you! I LOVE this time of year. No big coats, gloves, hats, etc. Just throw on some shorts, t shirt and some flip flops and off we go!

Natalie said...

Haha I'm with Kristen's comment here! You've come over to the dark side! :D

kateworthi said...

Very nice. I wish I was actually having fun this summer. It's beautiful, but I feel like I haven't even had a chance to enjoy summer. I've had far too much to deal with lately. It's frustrating. Hey, is Sam still doing swimming lessons?

Jen Coccimiglio said...

summer is the best! and otter pops are the best! i think my kids average about 5 a day...which maybe isn't the best idea, but they love it and i love that it will keep them content and occupied for a few minutes.

It is getting way too hot here, though. it's 80 degrees by 8:30 a.m.!

Am i a grandma or what talking about the weather? Should we talk about bunions and pinnacle, too?

simply kris said...

i am a girl who enjoys a dip in the pool.... ahhhh.... summer