Sunday, August 17, 2008

Got good reads?

Help!!

Calling all readers.

I need a GOOD read.

What do you suggest?


It doesn't have to be 5 star material. Just something enjoyable and {good}.

7 comments:

Pamela said...

A Girl Named Zippy By Haven Kimmel So, so, so funny I laughed out loud as I was reading. I thought I was going to pee my pants!! Our book club read it and everybody loved it.

Garlic and Saphires by Ruth Rischel she was the New York Times Food Critic, it will make you hungry when you read about the restaurants. It is another entertainig read

Kristi said...

Hmmm...the last book I read that I really liked was Freakonomics, but I am learning more and more that my tastes are a lot different than most people's. If you are looking for "feel good" I read Marley and Me too, that was all warm and fuzzy and made me cry at the end :) Good luck!

Suz said...

Here is a list of the last few that I've read.
Cage of Stars (mom and Tiff really liked this book too) and The Most Wanted. Both are by Jacquelyn Mitchard and very very good.

Loved Walked In and Belong To Me by Marisa de los Santos. I've actually only read Belong To Me but it's the sequel to Loved Walked In.

Stupid and Contangious by Caprice Crane. It's got some language but I can honestly say I have never read a funnier book in my life. Anne could tell you if you'll like it or not.

River of Heaven By Lee Martin is the last one I read. It's just so so but it scratches the itch for a good novel.

Natalie said...

Ooo I am glad you asked this so I can see all the ideas. I just read Songbird by Lisa Samson and I really liked it. It won an award. Have you ever read A Town Like Alice? I loved that!

WIKKY said...

Have you read Goose Girl... Little fairytale fantasy but so so good. Also, Water for Elephants... really great too! Good luck!

Sharon said...

If you haven't read it yet, History of love by nicole krauss is so great. I cried and laughed out loud. Another great book I am reading right now is the Book theif by markus zusak. I just started but I am really enjoying it.

Camilla Millar said...

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood or Cold Sassy Tree.