And so it begins. From what I’ve gathered, Sam has a sweet little crush. On a girl. Her name is Mary Evelyn. She’s in his class at school.
Here’s the evidence:
- The other night, me and S&S were playing bingo when the phone rings. It was a sweet little voice I didn’t recognize asking to talk to Sam. I give him the phone and hear him guessing who it was. Rachel? Malena? (his two besties) No… Mary, is this you? When he realizes that it is her, I notice his smile change a little. A slight blush to it. He then kinda rolls away from us (we were on the floor). And they proceed to have a “conversation.” It was short and sweet and they hang up. It took him a minute to come back to earth.
- Later that night, as we are getting in bed, he suddenly remembers he has one more thing to do! I tell him no, that he has to wait until the morning. He frets that he will forget. I tell him he can write himself a note. Here’s what that note says, "Write Mary something.”
- The next morning, he writes this, “Mary, I love you. From, Sam”
- He puts it in his backpack. (I do notice that in his backpack is also a note to Malena saying the same thing. But my instinct tells me that he means that to Malena like you would to your bff.)
- After school, he’s looking for his summer crocs. Why? I ask… So I can put my ‘love notes’ from Mary in them so I don’t forget about them. He has a piece of paper in his hand that says “Dear Sam, I love you. Love Mary.”
- A little later, I open his backpack. Three more ‘love notes’ from Mary.
10 comments:
I thought it had already begun with him! But this one sounds different. I think he will have a following his whole life.
Love notes!!!!! Too funny. Now I want to know all the details like did he write to her first... lol
SO sweet and cute!
OK how cute is a little kid crush!
Boy on your enabling post, I have yet to figure that balance out. I think I tend to enable because I feel like they are only little for such a short time and have the rest of their life to learn the hard way. But then I wonder if I don't do it now will I prevent them from being competent teenages and adults able to make decisions on their own and handle the consequences. If you get the balance figured out let me know!!1
Oh my gosh! Too cute! My brother was like that starting around that age too! Definately will have a following for life like Natalie said! Just be prepared when he comes home one day and says that he got put in time out for kissing a girl! My mom was just thrilled ;)
Oh my gosh, are you dying??? That is so funny/cute. But also a little crazy - he's growing up! And although it's totally innocent right now doesn't it make you nervous for those teenage years? I'm dreading those days. Enjoy the innocence (while it lasts)
I LOVE it! Oh my gosh that is so cute! I was laughing so hard reading this! How cute :)
I love it! So dang cute.
OH, I am laughing so hard right now. That is so cute!
That is so cute! But he'd better get used to getting love notes. That kid is going to break a lot of hearts.
Do you love me?
Check the box
yes
no
Post a Comment