Sunday, November 16, 2008

Joy in the Journey

Next week, our Relief Society lesson will be the annual visiting teaching conference so this week was our ‘teachings for our times’ lesson.  It was on the last conference talk by Pres Monson about finding joy in the journey.  So in honor of the beautiful lesson today, here’s me finding joy in my journey as a mother…

  • I love that when I ask Sarah something like, “Where’s such-and-such,” she’ll say to me, “I’ve told you like a million times.”  Even though that’s the first time she’s actually told me.
  • I’ve noticed that Sam hasn’t been watching his Pokemon shows that are recording daily on our DVR.  So today I asked him if I should delete it so it doesn’t record anymore.  I love his response:
    • “Yeah. I like watching Magic School Bus better because I learn things from it.”
  • I love that Sarah says, “Berember?”
  • Today in Primary, Sam was asked to say something that he is grateful for.  He said “Our Country.”
  • About one hundred times in one day, my heart melts at the sight of my little girl.  She can be so stinking cute!
  • Tonight Sam was whining about eating his dinner.  A lot.  So much so that I said I didn’t think we were going to be able to have FHE after all.  (We have it on Sundays because Dave always has meetings on Mondays.)   Sam was devastated by the thought.  He said, “But, mom, we need to have Family Home Evening so we can get happy.”

I’m endlessly grateful to be a mother.  These two precious, bright, happy children are more than I could ever ask for in this life.  I’m grateful to be at a place where I can truly enjoy this journey.

8 comments:

Kathi said...

I wish I could be there! And I'll try to enjoy my journey more!

Sara K. said...

I love that talk by Pres. Monson. Your kids are cute.

Natalie said...

Ahh great post! Those types of things are the best things about being a mom. I love them all. Those two are both really something. It's funny - I have a blog post saved that I need to post about finding joy in life that is based on an Elder Scott talk. It's not as fun as yours though!

Eric said...

that's some cute stuff

Anna said...

I totally look up to you for always taking joy in motherhood. You are and have always been a great example of displaying your true joy that you gain from motherhood.

spackers said...

I love reading your blog everyday. You are inspiring and I agree there is a great deal of joy in the journey.

[BrookeO] said...

I'm so glad your letting me hold on to your coat-tails.
What does really mean? Oh, you know what I mean!!! ...Don't you?!

Camilla Millar said...

Awww, what cuties!