I’ll tell you what’s going on…
Sarah’s sick. In bed. Watching movies and missing her preschool party. She wants me in bed with her. I guess I’ll spend a few hours in bed today. Sigh… ;)
I’m trying to figure out how to clean my house. Should I do a room a day or the whole house at once? What do you do? If we ever have money, the FIRST thing I will add to our necessity list is a hired house cleaner! No matter what.
We had Family Home Evening last night. I wish I would’ve made a video of it. Sarah was asleep so it was just Dave and me and Sam. Dave taught the lesson about the Resurrection. Sam was listening intently and asking questions and answering questions and things were going really well. The funny part about it is that the entire time, Sam was jumping on and off the couch, running around, climbing onto the chair, climbing down, walking to and fro, etc. He listens best when he’s moving, I guess. His poor school teacher.
Remember how Sarah is sick? Let’s hope she gets better fast because she has THREE birthday parties and a Thanksgiving bash this week!!
I’m getting ready for Christmas.
I’m thankful for my husband. We had a very good (and necessary) weekend. Thanks, babe, for all the hard work you do. XOXO
9 comments:
Poor Sarah. What can I do?
Kate has asked how to spell Sarah's name today, probably 20 times, the "h" is throwing her for a loop, she laughs every time I say SARA-H, like I am joking with her.
PS "very good" wknd meaning "afternoon delight"???!!!
Austis is the same way. The boy never sits still and is upside down half the time. To save his life he can NOT keep his rear end on the couch cushions. He is ALWAYs standing , jumping, climbing.
I just had that same conversation with myself last night while falling asleep. I've decided to do a room a day - and give my kids a mini chore for each day to go with it. We'll see how it goes . . . the first things I'll do one day when I win the lottery:
- buy a years supply of toilet paper at Costco (I hate when it runs out)
- Hire house cleaners!
I hope Sarah is feeling better by Saturday, Hailey will be devastated! When you figure out the house cleaning things, please let me know what works!
House cleaning? Argh! I always say every day that I need to do a room a day to stay on top of it, but then it NEVER happens and so I stress out and freak out and end up doing major cleaning right before I have people over or else it's so bad that I can't stand it anymore. That is one area of my life that I just hate! With kids it's nearly impossible to keep a clean house! I agree...house keeper is a must! We had one once. That was nice. Hopefully again someday.
Your FHE sounds awesome. At least he's listening. Connor does what Sam does, only I don't think Connor is listening. Last night at tithing settlement he bit Aleah really hard on her waist. It left a huge dark bruise and teeth marks! Boy was that embarrassing!
I hope Sarah gets better soon. We've all had it too! Poor Aleah threw up for the first time in her life this weekend, several times and Connor's had the "other" problem for over a week now.
I hope Sarah girl feels better soon!! Poor thing. I always love the snuggle in bed time though. Your FHE sounds veeerrry familiar!
I do the house at once but I think my house is smaller. If it was any bigger, I don't think I could do it all at once in a day.
I hope Sarah feels better. Grant is a bit sick too. He keeps telling me he has turkey squirts. Sorry, probably TMI. Funny, but TMI.
I hope Sarah gets better too! And, I think Sam and I act the same way at FHE.
I'm with you 100% on a housecleaner. . . .I hate (and am not good at) housework. I can't prioritize and flit from room to room starting and finishing projects at random. So no words of advice here, just sympathy.
Post a Comment