Sunday, December 14, 2008

Are you serious?

Warning:  These cookies may cause puffiness of the entire body.

ROLO COOKIES

2 1/2 cups flour

3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa

1 tsp baking soda

1 cup sugar

1 cup brown sugar

1 cup butter

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

48 Rolos

2 tbsp sugar

Endless amount self-control

Combine flour, cocoa, and soda.  Set aside.  Beat sugars and butter until well blended; add eggs and vanilla.  Add dry mixture and blend well.  Shape cookies into small balls.  Press Rolo into center of ball and cover with dough.  Roll cookie in sugar.  Bake on ungreased cookie sheets at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, until tops of cookies are slightly cracked.  Cool on racks.  (I prefer to let them cool on my tongue.)

I promise I woke up with a hangover the day after I made these.

Thanks to the Ivory Family cookbook, Favorites

BEST COOKBOOK EVAH!!!!

7 comments:

Trooper Thorn said...

All right. I may have to break a long standing tradition and actually bake something. This looks easy and I can't get Rollo cookies in any stores (thanks to the government crackdown).

[BrookeO] said...

I'll cheers to that!!

Sharon said...

48, wait is that right? 48 rolos!!!!

JoAnna said...

AT LEAST, Sharon!
Great news, everyone!!
The ivory Favorites cookbook is available again!! The Make A Wish Foundation is selling them in SLC, UT for $25/each!! Worth every penny. I swear it.

Angie said...

Oh my YUMAGE!

Elise said...

IS this the pure delight you dropped off to me yesterday night. They were all gone by this morning and Chris only got ONE bite : ) Thanks for the body puffiness : )

Melissa said...

Worth.. every... puff