Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Latest...

(This will be a random version of "My Latest" since I have such random things/thoughts going on.)

[Commitment] ... Exercise. I am completely and totally committed to getting to the gym 4-5 days a week to get in a full hour of exercise. I love it, so that helps. It's so nice to have lots of friends to try to meet there at the same time. And nothing like some good music to make the time fly. Speaking of which...

[Workout Song] ... Gives You Hell by All-American Rejects (Thanks Summer!). And I'm looking for other suggestions. Something that just pumps you up, you know? Please!

[Hair-style] ... (told you this was random) I've been wearing my hair curly a lot lately. Mostly because I need a haircut so it's the only thing that works these days. But it's kinda fun. It surprises me that I can get curl out of my hair. I always thought it was stick-straight.

[Project] ... Christmas Stockings for each member of my family. I'm cross-stitching them. So much fun!

[Blessing] ... Tax return (At least the promise of one!). THANK YOU!! It's going to save our bacon.

[Calling] ... Since I received my calling as Emergency preparedness coordinator, our ward was split. We've had the unique experience of being in a totally new ward- starting completely from scratch. So now Dave and I are the Sunday School teachers for the 13 year olds.

[Frustration] ... I'll share one of the more surfaced ones here on the blog--- My kids are driving me CRAZY! As delightful as they can be, man, oh man! I recognize that I only have two of them and some of you have many more than this. (You are welcome to think I'm crazy, because I think you are crazy. He he) They are both on a SUPER demanding streak lately. No, but really. Let's talk about this... How do you crazy mothers of 3+ do it????

And don't forget to leave your workout song suggestions!!!!

10 comments:

Camilla Millar said...

Workout Song (if you can do a little techno--it's not too techno aka German night club, though): Just Dance by Lady GaGa (seriously who gives themselves the name Lady GaGa?)

Summer said...

Love it. Love the gym, glad you love the song too, teach me how to get some curl out of my hair, congrats on the calling (are you surviving?) hoping for a big tax return too and I can relate about the kid frustration. I've had a pretty short fuse lately!!!

Can't wait to see ya!!!

Janee said...

Angels and Airwaves is my favorite work-out music. I have two of their albums and they are great.

Angie Birkeland said...

Hummm....lets think about songs. Oh wait....I don't work out. I am a fat a$@#%. Come this summer, I will kick it into high gear when the baby comes. And....I want to know what cross stiching pattern you are using for stockings. I would love to do something like that.

[BrookeO] said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair curly.

Eric said...

Move along. also by the all american rejects. I have an exercise playlist of 100 songs that is my pride and joy. I spent a lot of time compiling it, choosing each song with a beat and a rythem that will gaurantee a fast running cadence. I can't figure out a way to share it but maybe I'll email you some of the top songs.

Nikki said...

I have a running CD Tyler made me that you are welcome to have a copy of.

Angie said...

I love your last couple of posts! Man, I can so relate to how Sarah is acting. Connor is too! EVERYTHING is a battle these days! I'm glad I'm not the only one. Our hardest battles are getting dressed, getting in the car, cleaning up after himself, and going to bed. How great that you are loving the gym and that the kids love it too! My kids put up a fight every day, saying they don't want to go to "mom's gym", so it's hard, but I have to drag them along or else I can't go.

And I can't believe they split your ward. THat's always hard. You guys will be great teachers though.

Kara said...

Another All American Rejects, "I Wanna" and "Untouched", by the Veronicas and Muse "Super Massive Black Hole" We the Kings "Check Yes Juliet" Forever the Sickest Kids "Whoa Oh"

Raquel said...

I only have one song suggestion that I now like. Kelly Clarksons new single. I really don't know what the words are, I just think it has a great beat to w/o too. I get so bored after hearing the same songs time after time while working out.