Sunday, February 8, 2009

Random Musings

I haven't had the time or mental energy to put together any sort of ground-breaking post, so for now, here are some random things going on in my life...

...For two weeks now, I've been to the gym SIX days of the week and put in at least one hour every time. And it's super fun! Thank heavens for a great gym, good music, and fun friends.

...For a few weeks now, I've only been eating treats on Wednesdays and Sundays. (Right, Sum and Carls?!) Ummm. It's hard. Tiff, how did you go without treats for one whole year?? You are superwoman!

...Tonight we had a delicious dinner. You should try this recipe. Mm-mm! I served it with some rice, salad, and yummy croissant rolls fresh out of the oven. We loved it! (BTW, did you know that you can go to the bakery at Sam's Club and ask for a case of frozen croissant rolls to buy? Well, you can. And you should. I split the case with a bunch of friends so we can fit them in our freezer. Then you just set them out 4-5 hours before dinner to thaw and rise. Then bake them and you will thank me many many times. I promise. I'm still thanking Brooke.)

...I am really enjoying my calling. (S.S. teacher for 13 year olds.) It's a great group of kids in my class and I really like the manual. So well done.

...I just finished reading the book Cheaper By The Dozen. It's an old book that's nothing like the movie. I found it fascinating the way that this incredible man and woman raised their family of twelve. It inspired my latest discipline routine. Wanna hear more? Too bad. Maybe I'll tell you if it works.

...I haven't taken ONE picture all year! Not a one! I really need a new camera. Really.

11 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh I want to hear more about that book! And your latest discipline routine!!

Can I come to your house for dinner?

Unknown said...

i have no idea how i did it, i still can't believe it :)

Camilla Millar said...

Wow, I wish I could eat treats only on Wednesday and Sunday. . . .well, I guess I ocould try it?

Janee said...

Way to go with the gym. I actually saw you there the other day but I was running on the track and when I got down I didn't see you again. I've been a slacker since I joined but am going to try to make it three times this week. Why is it so hard to not have treats? I can hardly go a day without one.

Haley said...

I have a problem with treats!!!! it's really not good!! (as i sit here eating hershey's kisses)...

i'm so jealous, i haven't been to the gym once since we moved to ohio and i hate it!!! i was just like you going 5-6 days a week the entire 3 years that we lived in seattle!!! keep it up!!!!

Heather said...

way to go at the gym... how much have you lost so far??? i need to try that treat thing... i love treats so much though! ;)thanks for the yummy recipe.
don't feel bad on the picture thing i have not either! :)

xo

[BrookeO] said...

Yeah for a new post.
Yeah for the gym! You are looking so good.
Still can't believe the 2 day rule on treats!!!!
Love the rolls. Love them!

I gasped at NOT ONE PICTURE THE WHOLE YEAR, that's 2 months!!!!!!! We need to fix that!!

Love you girl. You know that right?!

Anonymous said...

I eat treats every day . . . mostly because I still feel like I'm harboring a little baby fugitive in my belly that they forgot to take out. So Valentine's M&M's seem to make me feel better about that. ;)

Pamela said...

Can't wait to hear your parenting tip!

spackers said...

Cheaper by the dozen is one of my favorite books. I love that family. There is an older version of the movie that actually follows the book if you are interested. Love you!

Aubrie said...

Hey JoAnna! I love your blog layout and colors. Very cute! And I am so going to have to try the croissants from Sam's.