Saturday, March 21, 2009

Two Things

#1- Sam learned to ride his bike without training wheels today!!! Wahoo! It took him all of two seconds to get the hang of it and now he's an old pro. He is very proud of himself and wants to throw himself a party for all the things that he learned to do quickly- like blowing bubbles and riding a bike.

#2- Is there anything better than cleaning your carpets? I think not. I always borrow my neighbors carpet shampooer (and brown sugar and chicken broth and other random things like tortilla chips). Whenever I do, I looooove it. I love to empty the disgusting, black, furry, sandy water that I just sucked out of my carpet. Ooh yeah, baby.

Oh! and one more thing! All week, I had Sarah super excited for a birthday party that I thought was today. Talk about anticipation! Well, we showed up for the party a week early. Yup! The party is actually next Saturday. Oops.

9 comments:

Shellie said...

Go Sam! That is awesome. HILARIOUS on the party :) Don't worry, now she just has one more week to get excited about it!

Lorilee said...

JoAnna I am so glad that you found me. I too have been searching for you. I have been in contact with Pamela and am loving it! This really excites me.

Sorry to hear about your daughters 'future' party. Hopefully she'll be just as excited in a week.

And for your son, that is fantastic! Isn't it great when they learn something new?

Anna said...

I'm so glad you called it a carpet shampooer because that is always what I call it and I wonder if there is another word for it that I just don't know. Either way, I like that you called it the same thing I do.

Lisa, Adam and Macey said...

Ha ha!!! I love that you took her a week early. Better aweek early than a week late, eh?

simply kris said...

i love to empty my vacuum canister. we are so dirty.

Angie Birkeland said...

Ok, so I caught up on the blog. I don't understand why just having two kids in our culture should turn heads or raise questions. I am finding out that 1 kid is hard and I am scared to death of 2. I can't even wrap my brain around 3. I appreciated your post. I like validation too. Every mom deserves to be a stay at home mom if they wish. Keep doing what you are doing Jo. I love ya!

Angie said...

Ahhh...clean carpets. That would be nice! And congrats to Sam for learning to ride the bike! He's getting so big!

WIKKY said...

Congrats to Sam. That is so much fun to watch their smiles as they are riding away! Freedom.....
Clean carpets, so great!!! We are trying to figure out when to do ours.
and... hey, atleast there is a party, right?
You guys are awesome!

Raychill said...

I think Sam and the J-Man may have conquered that skill on practically the same day! congrats! :)