- Some goal-setting
- Organizing photos, plus creating photo books (I still heart Picaboo mucho)
- Relief Society- agendas, newsletters, organizing, etc. It's my own personal heaven, really.
- Getting ready to survive summer with Sam and Sarah. This has been a big time-filler for me lately. I have decided that I had better be prepared or it will be a miserable three months. They like to bicker. A lot. And tend to whine. A lot. IF they are bored. So I have brainstormed up a brilliant plan to keep it all in check. It's super complicated and definitely not a universal plan that would work for everyone. I have completely dreamed it up according to Sam and Sarah's needs. But maybe a very brief synopsis for you...
I have about 33 [FUN] activities put together. All the supplies are on hand. They include games (varieties of treasure hunts, games with straws, silly string tag, balloon tennis, etc.), science experiments (volcano making, salt monster, etc), crafts (crazy crayons, tie=dye t-shirts, potato stamper t-shirts, etc), recipes (silly slime, pushy putty, homemade finger paints, etc.). That kind of stuff.
This is where it gets complicated... I have a rewards system laid out so that they can earn an activity. The reward system will be fun and visual. They will be rewarded for accomplishing their daily to do's, such as journal-writing, reading time, chores, etc. They will work together as a team to earn the activities. I'm leaving out lots of details, but I'm pretty sure I've thought of everything and I sure hope it works for us. We are all very excited about it. Again- a very consuming project.
So that's where I've been... Sorry to abandon you all. I'll be back soon. Promdress!
For now-
- Thanks to my parents for a SUPER fun "stay-cation." We had a wonderful time with them. Dave took a few days off and we enjoyed them thoroughly. Too bad Sam and my dad both got the [real-deal] flu at the end of it all. My dad is still very sick two weeks later!
- Thanks to my friends for being so amazing. Gosh, I so enjoy having you in my life.
- Thanks to Summer for having a birthday. We took a {delightful} excursion to Lake City to eat at Chickadee's Cottage Cafe. You get the idea how cute it was just by the name, right?
- Thanks to Sam and Sarah for melting my heart day after day.
- Thanks to Dave for being my anchor.
(Do I sound like Seriously So Blessed?)
7 comments:
ummmm can i come stay with you this summer..pAAAlease. you are amazing. i honestley want more detail about this summer thing cause you descibed my kids to the tee!
totally motivated.. i need a little bit of that about now.
:)
Wow I have nothing that neat planned. You are awesome Jo! And sometimes, not in a bad way, but I get a little jealous at the freedom you have with the two kids who are older. Not that I am taking away from my love for my kids, but one day it will be nice not to have diapers and such. I sure do love you and wish you were my neighbor! There would be so much laughing!
Jo, you are AMAZING! That sounds like Andrew's heaven. You're motivating me to get some things together a.s.a.p. for Andrew since I'll have my hands full this summer. :) What are your favorite, easy to put together projects?
i heart you.
Oh Jo, that summer plan sounds so amazing. You're preparation will pay off!
Wow JO!!! You are SUCH a good mom!!!
It'll be a great summer for you and your kids!
That is so awesome! You are so on the ball. By the way, I love Picaboo too! I just did a book for Steve for our 10 year anniversary. I seriously looked at every company out there for these books and that one was my fav!
Post a Comment