...our current plans for the future. So I'll share with you now.
First of all, we plan to have a baby GIRL in February 2010!!
Second of all, we plan to move to {PHILADELPHIA, PA} in June 2010. Dave is doing a trauma/critical care fellowship for two years at U Penn. Yes, I am scared to death. For so many reasons. No, I don't want to do this. Yes, I know we should. No, I am not strong enough to live off of nothing for another two years in an expensive place. Yes, I know we can. No, I don't want to leave Rochester. Yes, I often think WHAT ARE WE DOING?!?! Yes, a part of me is very excited for the adventures of Philly. So that's what I am choosing to focus on for now. We are excited to be in the center of a great vacation spot. We are hoping for many visitors!! So start making your plans now! We will be right close to the Jersey Shore, NYC, Washington DC, and, of course, all the greatness of Philly itself!
And just a note about the precious Skinner family that I referred to in my last post... The transplant was not able to happen that evening due to an emergency open heart surgery. Things have been very rough since then. They really need our prayers. If you click on my sidebar, it will link you right to their blog so you can read the updates. {Prayers are of utmost importance right now.} But I was also thinking that it would be pretty dang cool if everybody donated $5 to their transplant fund. It all adds up and makes a big difference! There are about 70 readers of my blog and if we all donated $5 it would add up to $350! That's a step in the right direction for sure! Just a thought...
12 comments:
It's a happy day to hear there will be another little Jo running around.
As for Philadelphia, I am excited for you. What a great town. I loved it there - for the 5 or 6 hours I spent there.
CONGRATS on a sweet baby girl. how exciting!!!! so excited for you about philly... we know the richards family from med school that live there... will you be close to them?? do you know them from the UofU?? awesome family!! surg. residents too! :)
i would love to donate. i read that & cried. the tears kept coming i don't even know them & my heart goes out for them. i will for sure keep them in my prayers.
hope all is well.
p.s. i would love to visit! ;)
I read the blog about Claire and I just cry the whole time. I have to say she must have amazing parents!
Congrats on Philly. Do you remember the red headed AP? I think his name was Elder Morgan, he is from Philly.
You know what I'm going to say don't you? If anyone can do it, YOU CAN. I mean it - even though it doesn't make it any easier for you. But, like you said, what an exciting adventure!
Of course I'm devastated that you're leaving me. Life in Rochester will NOT be the same without you Jo. period.
Trying not to think about that right now...let's think instead about your baby girl! I'm SOOOOO excited!
A girl? YEA!!!! I am so excited for you! And Philly will be awesome...love that part of the world. You will do just fine. Praying my heart out for the Skinner family. I feel so sad for their situation.
Yahoo!! congrats on another girl! And Philadelphia. You guys are truly amazing.
yeah for another girl!!! congrats!!
we almost moved to Philly last year.... I was so excited except for the expence of living there!!! i think you will have a great time there is so much to do and see there and lots of great things close by!!!! good luck!!!
exciting times! i so want to come visit you guys in philly. i can't believe we've never even visited you in mn.
Girls are so dang cute.
I have a good friend in Philly. "The Meanest Mom". Seems like a really fun place to live.
Congratulations!
I am so jealous that you will be close to Jenny.
Woo hoo! I'm excited for the new baby girl and for Philly. It will be a great adventure!
i know it's a way off, but i'll tell you now. if you are ever in washington, dc you BETTER CALL ME.
Post a Comment