This Thanksgiving, I am the most grateful for
{H O P E}
"Hope" is what keeps me going. Espescially right now.
I'm grateful for this amazing talk by Elder Neal A. Maxwell.
A few highlights:
...Hope constitutes the "anchor of the soul."
...Real hope is much more than wishful musing.
It stiffens, not slackens, the spiritual spine.
It stiffens, not slackens, the spiritual spine.
It is composed, not giddy, eager without being naive,
and pleasantly steady without being smug.
and pleasantly steady without being smug.
...While weak hope leaves us at the mercy of our moods and events, "brightness of hope" produces illuminated individuals.
Their luminosity is seen, and things are also seen by it!
Their luminosity is seen, and things are also seen by it!
...Sometimes in the deepest darkness there is no external light-
only an inner light to guide and to reassure.
only an inner light to guide and to reassure.
...Hope feasts on the words of Christ.
...Genuine hope gives spiritual spunk.
And this last quote reminds me of so many of you stalwart examples...
(e.g. Lisa, Natalie, The Skinners, my parents)
...Those with true hope often see their personal circumstances shaken, like kaleidoscopes, again and again. Yet with the eye of faith, they still see divine pattern and purpose.
7 comments:
Thanks for this, Jo. May we all look for the divine patterns and purposes before us. Love you!
I love this Jo and I love you!
Jo - this is a wonderful post. I LOVE that quote to death and all the words you quoted from Elder Maxwell. Beautiful. I appreciate your shout out and I love you!
Oh so true! Beautiful words. And much needed. Love
Amen to hope.
Thanks Jo.....this is what I needed to read right now. Life is beating me down, but with HOPE I can endure. You're the best!
Thanks Jo.....this is what I needed to read right now. Life is beating me down, but with HOPE I can endure. You're the best!
Post a Comment