Friday, January 22, 2010

Just Because It's Been A Long Time

I don't really have a thought of what to say going into this post, but I figure it is time for an update.  So I guess I'll just make a list of random going-ons for you...

---I have four weeks and three days until my due date.  I think I can survive.  I'm getting over a rotten cold that makes the normal misery of pregnancy seem like a walk in the park.  I've got a system for getting to sleep at night that is working.  (Lots of medicine and a treadmill.)  As long as I don't try to take a nap, sit still, watch tv, or anything like that, then I can stay sane.  (Thank you very much, Restless Leg Syndrome.)

---I really enjoyed your name suggestions.  I even added several of them to our list.  But we are still clueless...  Precious, Princess, Jimena?  Maybe??

---Other than pregnancy survival/enduring to the end/waiting for the end to come sooner than later, we are {waiting} for our house to sell.
Wait...
             Wait...
                           Wait...

We've had some showings, which is good.  Even some good feedback.  People who want to buy the house but aren't approved or need to sell their home first.  So we are just waiting.  Waiting for the phone call for a showing.  (Hoping it gives us enough time to clean our house.)  Waiting for the 'second look' phone call.  Waiting for the call from our realtor with an offer we can't refuse.  Waiting for the right situation to come along and hoping it is before little Jimena Jo joins our family.

---And that is seriously all, folks.  This household is in a major funk.  Waiting, hoping, enduring to the end.  That's all we've got.  Pretty bored but not much energy, desire, or health to do anything else with our time.  (We do really really really wish we had gotten ourselves a Wii for Christmas!)

---As for Dave, he had an amazing time in South Africa.  I'll ask him if he'll post about it and you can see some of the pics and hear his thoughts.  It was a once in a lifetime experience, FOR SURE!!  But, oh how good it is to have him home safe and sound.

---As for Sam, he's home sick today and yesterday.  Otherwise, he's a toothless wonder who enjoys his Nintendo DS a little too much.

---Sarah has recently discovered Polly Pockets and is L-O-V-I-N-G them!  They have kept her busy for hours!!!  Therefore, I love them too!

7 comments:

Summer said...

Oh Jo! Do you know how much my heart goes out to you??? It really and truly does. Waiting is so hard. I kind of want to cry for you right now. Maybe because I woke up totally sick to my stomach this morning (thank goodness for some leftover zofran) and now the pregnancy memories are a little too vivid...

All this waiting will eventually come to an end. It will it will it will.

P.S. I would LOVE to hear all about S. Africa!!! get Dave on the blog asap

Anna said...

Jimena!

Sometimes I think you write stuff in your posts just because you can picture me laughing really hard as I'm reading it.

[BrookeO] said...

Oh JO!
Love hearing your thoughts.
Miss you like crazy - when's Sam's feeling better - let's please get together.

Love ya!

Natalie said...

It is good to hear from you here! So getting to sleep involves a treadmill?? RLS SUCKS. I'm so sorry.
A guest post by Dave about South Africa is a FABULOUS idea.
I love that toothless wonder, and I can't believe Sarah is loving Polly Pockets! How fun!!

Camilla Millar said...

Random thought: (well, related to Polly Pockets) Eliza got a Polly Pocket Jet for Christmas 2 years ago and it is a HIT with all her playdates, but I've noticed it on clearance at some stores recently--so it is a good buy if you can find it (I was dying when I saw it for 15 or 20 bucks and we spent, umm, I mean, Santa spent 40 bucks!)

Pamela said...

Waiting stinks, probably because I am no good at it!

How is your dad doing? Has he started his treatments yet?

Shellie said...

Really? Polly Pockets? I'm shocked! That is great :)