Saturday, March 27, 2010

Five for Friday

Well, really it will be Six for Saturday but "Five for Friday" has more of a ring to it, doesn't it?

(1)  Pandora Radio + Joshua Radin Station = AMAZING

(2)  Philadelphia, here we come!  Dave and I are leaving on a jet plane first thing in the morning to find us a place to live come summer.  We are looking forward to seeing what we can get for our money.  It will also be nice to have some time together (plus Gracie, of course).

(3)  I got my hair done expecting to come home blonder.  Turns out I came home darker.  I guess I should've been more clear when communicating what I wanted.  I don't like it at all.  (I guess the word "golden" means something different to everybody but me when it comes to hair color.)

(4)  I ordered one of these blankets from my talented sis-in-law.  I got it in the mail today!  It is amazingly perfect for a swaddling blanket and I highly recommend it!  So go order one now.  Either for a gift or for your baby.  (But don't order the brown one with the pink trim.  That's the one I have my eye on for my next order.)

(5)  Update on my Dad---  He got a second opinion at Mayo Clinic while he was here visiting after Gracie Jayne was born.  What a tremendous blessing it is that he did.  We got great insights into the treatment options that are out there for Multiple Myeloma that we did not have before.  He will now be starting an entirely different treatment come May 1st.  It is still chemotherapy, but it is much much less intense than the double stem-cell rescue that he had planned to begin in January.  We are so grateful for this.  While it still will not be easy, we have much higher hopes for some quality of life while he's on these chemo drugs.  This makes me happy.

(6)  Great line of the week from Modern Family
             Phil: "I'm really sorry for not underestimating Luke enough."
             Claire: "Well, that means a lot to me."

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Rich and I laugh so hard every time we watch Modern family! Especially Phil he is so funny!

Our prayers will be with your Dad. I am so glad that he had a second opinion that you feel good about.

Sara said...

Thank goodness for the good news on your Dad! We're still praying for him.

Have so much fun on your trip. I hope you find a fabulous place to live!

I still have never watched modern family!!! it's on my to do list.

Sarah said...

Hi JoAnna-

It's Sarah Stohl Blamires. found your blog from BrookeO. So fun to catch up on your darling family.

Didn't know you were moving to Philly. My hubby is a resident in Philly at Temple Hospital but we decided to live in South Jersey just across the bridge because we were going to be here for 5 years- it's only a 15 minute drive into Philly for us. We have 15 months left here. It would be a blast to get together when you get here and settled. Did you find a place to live? I would love to chat. Let me know if you have any questions. my email is sarahblamires@gmail.com
talk to ya soon.

Anna said...

I am so glad that your dad was able to get a second opinion. What great news!

This post made me really miss you. I don't know why. Sappy me I suppose. Anyway, Modern Family was so dang funny last week!

Angie said...

Good luck finding a place in Philly! And I'm so glad to hear that your dad's treatment will not be quite as intense/invasive now. What great news!