I have never made Easter dinner.
In fact... I've never even made a ham!
Gulp.
Should I be embarrassed?
Please help me. I need a fool-proof recipe for ham. What do I do? What do I buy? How do I cook it?
I also need your favorite Funeral Potato casserole recipe. (I like the ones with crunchies on top.)

10 comments:
EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, those cream eggs are yuck! EW! But I have several other Easter weaknesses, so I can relate! As for your Easter dinner...my family is having a Mexican buffet (?). But because I love ham so much I bought a ham for our little family to have sometime in the next week, so you better believe I am going to come here and check the comments for recipes!
Post pictures of little miss!
Love all the new changes around here!
Easy Official Funeral Potatoes
2 lbs frozen hash browns thawed
2 c grated cheese
1 pt sour cream
2 tsp salt
1/2 c grated onion (or not)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 tsp pepper
1-2 cups crushed corn flakes
1-2 c melted butter
Mix potatoes, cheese, sour cream, salt, onion, soup and pepper. Pour into a 2 qt casserole. Top with crushed corn flakes mixed with melted butter. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and abt 20 minutes. You can mix the potatoes ahead of time, but don't add corn flakes until baking time
i have so ideas if you want them let me know.
potatoes (not crunchy on top but sooo good, i'm sure you could add something crunchy to them)
all you need is hashbrowns, cheese,salt & pepper, & heavy cream. easy peazy!!
buy a spiral honey ham from costo and just follow the directions...so easy we do it every year.
I usually do fresh green beans with bacon, jello with cool whip, homeade rolls and strawberry shortcake (on angel food cake & homeade whipping cream) i think this year I will do strawberries and pineapple.
let me know if you want directions for hashbrowns, rolls, beans, or anything else!!! good luck!!!
like the changes BTW!
Recipe for ham: Go to Honey Baked Ham and buy one. :) Costco would have a great one. Isn't there a good recipe for the potatoes in the Ivory cookbook? I also have a fun easy one I'll give you when I get home (after Easter).
Happy Easter! miss miss miss you!
And thanks to Kristi for killing any desire I had for Creme Eggs!
JoAnna!
Congrats on your darling new baby! (Sorry for the delay:) She's a beauty!!
And I gasped when I read your confession about never making Easter dinner before. -Or even a ham! Because I hadn't either!!! But I gave it a try this Easter and I have to say it wasn't that hard! :)
P.S. My downfall is the Cadbury Milk Chocolate eggs with the crunchy candy coating...Ate a whole bag this Easter almost by myself:)
It's the nursing. . . . for a little while (okay, like 2 months) after Reed was born, I had a Butterfinger EVERY SINGLE DAY. . . .they were 5 for 2 dollars at the gas station and I stocked up. I've never even loved them before.
don't the cadbury eggs count as easter dinner??? I have never either if that makes you feel better. Hope it turned out awesome!
Post a Comment