Friday, April 2, 2010

Gracie is 7 Weeks

*I cannot get a decent picture of this girl because she is CONSTANTLY bobbing her head and moving her arms.

Gracie came with Dave and me to Philadelphia (of course), and, boy, did she bring us a lot of attention!  We were like celebrities everywhere we went.  {Everyone} was looking at us, smiling at us, gooing at Gracie, commenting on how tiny she is, asking her name, etc etc etc.  I guess a six-week old baby is rare to see walking through airports and restaurants.  (Okay, she wasn't actually walking.)

Oh!  And funny story--- I was getting on the airplane and the stewardess asked me how old the baby was with a concerned tone.  When I told her she was 6 weeks old, the stewardess gave me a stern look and said, "Six weeks??  That's pushing it."
HUH???  Pushing it?  I'm not quite sure what she was referring to...  But then when we were beginning our descent, she noticed that Gracie was under my nursing cover.  She stopped and asked me if I had been drinking.  (I am still laughing as I type this.)  Dave and I both looked at her like, WTH???  She then clarified that she meant she was asking if I had been drinking water while I was nursing.  Still a weird question to ask, right?  Does being a stewardess make this her business??
Anyway, we found a GREAT place to live.  We are very excited about it and the whole situation.  It's in a dreamy neighborhood with a top-rated school and a great family ward.  Dave's commute will be decent and the house we will be renting has more than we imagined we would get originally.  (Of course, it comes with a price!)  My favorite part?  The very wooded lot.  We live in a forest!  A shady, beautiful forest!  If you want to look it up on Google maps and see the street view, email me and I'll give you the address. 

14 comments:

Unknown said...

gracie is so cute!!! i CAN NOT wait to come visit you in philly. and yes please email me the address, i want to see this house!

Sara said...

Gracie is beautiful!!
Who in the world does that stewardess think she is?! SHE'S pushing it!

Congrats on the great house! I would love to live in a place surrounded by trees. lucky!

Angie Birkeland said...

She is freaking adorable. I can't believe she is 7 weeks already. Time flies. I'm glad to hear about the move. Can't wait to see pics. Loved the airplane story. I could just picture you and Dave looking at her going, "WTH" lol. People.....they're getting weirder and weirder.

Summer said...

Gracie already looks different to me! Didn't I just see her??

I am so excited for you (about the house) and I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

BTW, what a WEIRD flight attendant - that kind of stuff bugs the heck out of me

Natalie said...

Ummm wow. That stewardess was pushing it. Gracie is so so yummy!! Your place looks amazing and it was so dang cool to see it on google maps.

Haley said...

cute girls!!!

Aubrie said...

Gracie is so tiny! And cute to boot! So glad you found a place to live, but still sad you are leaving.

Heather said...

looks just like her big sis. she is adorable! glad you found a place... good luck with all the packing now! :)

xox.

Shellie said...

That is the cutest picture of Sarah and Gracie!!!!

Melissa/McRae said...

I love the airplane story, I can picture it going down as if I had been a fly on her weird shoulder! I'm glad you found a place in Philly, we went up to Lancaster, PA this last weekend, you'll be about 3 hours from us! Keep us posted on the move and I hope all goes well!

Melissa/McRae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camilla Millar said...

Clearly your IQ doesn't have to be very high to be a stewardess. . . . also, I bet she doesn't know anyone very closely who has ever nursed before.

SO glad you found a place to call home.

Angie said...

Oh my gosh!! I can't believe that lady on the plane! Holy cow!

Dinah said...

Look at your cute kids! Gracie is precious. Please send me an address, I've been thinking of your place all afternoon!