Today, I feel like I am at the end of my rope.
Today, I feel s-t-r-e-s-s-e-d. To the max
Today, I cry and then I look at this sweet face and I smile.
Today, I realize that it is SOOO soon that I leave behind some of the greatest friends of my life. And I feel my heart break.
Today, I feel sad.
Today, Gracie smiles at me with squinty eyes and a huge dimple and I feel my heart swell.
Today, Sarah writes a sentence and only asks me to spell one word. I feel amazed.
Today, I overhear Sam ask, "Sarah, {would you mind} running my toothbrush across the top while I squeeze the tube?" I feel pleased to hear the polite tone and wording. I must be doing something right.
Today, I feel proud of my husband. He was given a job with Mayo in the Surgical Trauma and Critical Care dept. We will be moving back to Rochester in two years. Hooray. Every single one of my close friends will have moved away in two years. Boo.
Today, I scour the internet {for the billionth} time for a place to live in Philadelphia. I feel scared. (Our original place fell through.)
Today, we get feedback from yet another showing where the buyer wasn't interested. I feel sorely disappointed.
Today, I hope tomorrow is better.

13 comments:
bummer about the house in Philadelphia. love you lots.
Oh! This post made me want to cry for SO MANY reasons!
I love you!
And yes you are doing an awesome job with your kids - want to come over and teach mine to be nice and polite to each other???
Oh, Sam with the toothpaste, Sarah with the sentence and Gracie with the dimple! My heart melts. Miss you and love you so much. Hang in there!
today your post makes me smile cause i have felt happy/sad/happy/sad about all day long. i leave back to Wa on sat... i will miss my mom. my son got baptised.. that makes me happy. i went to the temple today... that is happy. my son got markers out & drew all over my mom's bed.... that makes me sad!!! :)
congrats on the job. that is so awesome! so sad on that house... i hope you have a better day tomorrow as well.
love ya!
xox.
Congrats on the job at Mayo. I'm sad for you that you have to move. I still miss my friends so much there. Who knows...maybe some of yours will end up staying.
Aw Jo, that is a lot of frustrating poop happening. And sad. :( I'm so glad you have that sweet, sweet dollface, S&S and a good husband to make you smile. I can't believe your beloved house in Philly fell through. I hope you find one that is even better!!
I was just thinking this morning how amazing you are. I was thinking how inspired you've always been to talk to the right people at the right time and how you bring them such joy. I thought about how we've never fought and how you always make me laugh. And after reading this post, I thought about how brave you've always been and how much I admire you. I'm just a lucky person to have your influence in my life. I love you dearly.
What a great post and I love Anna's comment and feel the EXACT same way about you! Love you!!
I'm so sorry Jo. Tomorrow is always better...it really is. How does that happen?
Congrats on Dave's job.
Your kids are so sweet, and you are a fabulous mom!
Ah Jo! I too Ditto the comments made by Anna! You've always come in at the right moments in the time I've known you. I hope the next day was a far better and less stressful one. xoxo!
keep your chin up. You are so strong! Your strength will carry you through. You can do it! Thanks for always inspiring me!
I can only imagine how hard it would be to leave Rochester. I know you have loved it and made some amazing friends. I'm so sorry that the house fell through! Dang it! But on a good note, that is awesome about Dave's job offer and how great your kids are doing! And that picture of Gracie is to die for!
triple ditto anna. you are the bomb-diggity. love your 'tender mercies' for today. sorry about all of your tribulation. hope you know you are loved!
Post a Comment