Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lots of Bullet Points Ahead

We have {BIG} things going on around here.

For example:
  • Last Friday- Dave's parents came in town for the {big} weekend.
    • Same day- {my dad started his chemotherapy treatment}
  • SaturdayDave's graduation dinner/roast 
  • Sunday- Gracie Jayne is blessed in church
  • Monday/Today- Dave's parents' leave
    • Same day- Going Away Party with friends
  • Tuesday- My birthday and a day of "getaway" in the cities
  • Wednesday-  One week from today, they come pack up our stuff... This means LOTS to do to get ready.
  • Thursday- Another party, this one with some of my girlfriends to celebrate my birthday
  • Friday-  Last day of school for Sam
  • (Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Saturday- Dave is on call, thank you very much)
  • Wednesday- Our house gets packed up!
  • Thursday- Our stuff gets loaded on the truck and is on it's way!
    • Same day- move into a hotel room
  • Friday- Clean clean clean
  • Sunday- Speak in church
  • Monday- Drive out of Rochester and make our way to Philadelphia
  • Tuesday- Stay in Pittsburgh
  • Wednesday- See our new home for the very first time.
  • Monday- Dave's U Penn orientation
  • Wednesday- Dave begins his FELLOWSHIP!!
Individually, big events, right?  Ones I should be blogging about.  And yet, my mind is so swamped I can hardly form a coherent thought to share about any single occasion.  So here are some incoherent thoughts:
  • Dave's parents- Thanks so much for being here.
  • My dad's treatment- Minus the very painful Shingles, so far so good.  (She says, apprehensively.)
  • The Roast- No thanks to the bitter resident who ruined it for the rest of us with his rude and below-the-belt roast.  But congrats to Dave for making it through the five hardest years of his life.  Wow.  What an accomplishment.  I am extremely proud of you.  Only two years to go and then we can really celebrate!
  • Gracie's blessing-  She is now official!
  • Going Away Party-  How many times can I stick my foot in my mouth in one night, folks?  Apparently a lot!
I'll do my darndest to keep you posted on the rest of the outcomes.  Mostly, I'll just be hanging on for dear life.

12 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

I luff you!

Carrie said...

I know what you mean about the roast. I even laughed a few times before I knew what was going on and feel so terrible now.

Good luck with all that's ahead!

Haley said...

good luck with everything!!!

are you only in Pittsburgh over night??? i'm sonly a couple hours away, i would seriously consider driving there to see you!

emily said...

i looked at my calendar this morning and thought of you. really. happy birthday! and they're really having you speak in church?!

Heather said...

xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxo. you need them! happy birthday today, have a great day! i stick my foot in my mouth daily. :)

love ya!

Marnie said...

I was just thinking about you today and wanted to wish you a happy birthday! Looks like you're super busy but doing great! Love love!

Kathi said...

You have to speak in church in the midst of all that?! Who's bright idea was that?
Sorry about the 'foot-in-mouth' disease. You got that from me.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Karin Brooks said...

WOW! Good luck with everything.

Natalie said...

I thought the same things as Mom about the speaking in church. You'll do great though. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have fun. Wow. I think we can all understand that your mind is completely swamped. I have anxiety just looking at it.

Congratulations Dave!! And Jo! (It has been your hard work too.)

Sara said...

Oh my good heavens!!!
If anyone can handle all that it's you.
Happy Birthday!
And congratulations to Dave. He's amazing.
Good luck!

Angie said...

HOLY COW GIRL!! My goodness!! Hang in there!!!

Natali Thompson said...

OK-so I haven't been on your blog forever! I honestly didn't even know you had another baby! I can't believe how much you have been through lately with moving and everything! You have adorable children! Sorry to hear about your dad-hope he is doing well! :)