Thursday, August 5, 2010

Kaboom!

Dave doesn't ask for much in life.  Really.  He doesn't.  I'm the one that spends all the money.  I'm the one that's always leaving to go out with friends.  I'm the one that pampers myself.  I'm the one that asks for breaks.  He doesn't do much of any of that.  So when he does ask for something, I listen.

Well, last week, he asked.
Any guesses on what he asked for?

The new i-phone?  No.
A golfing day?  No.
A nap?  No.
Watch a car explosion?  Yes!  That's it!  That's what he asked for.  And did he get what he wanted?  Of course he did!!

Dave's cute like that.  He got up early on his rare Saturday off, put on his baseball cap, and drove down to an abandoned navy unit where the bomb squad was doing a training and as part of that, they would be exploding a car.  Dave somehow got invited to watch.  He could not pass that up.

Kinda like the time when he couldn't pass up the opportunity to castrate some sheep...

I love this guy.

10 comments:

Pamela said...

Ok that is a big flashback to 2000 and when we had a little get together with Elder Garrett and a bunch of other missionaries. You told me you were dating someone and it was serious. I asked where he was and you said, "Watching sheep get casterated". Once you said that I knew you guys would get married.

Kathi said...

I'm not sure which is better-your blog post or the above comment.
They both leave me a little speechless.

[BrookeO] said...

Oh Davey --- miss you guys!

Shellie said...

This is hilarious!

Melissa said...

Steve would love that!

Angie said...

Hahaha! That is great. I loved reading all the recent posts. Your kids are so cute. I miss you guys!

Mallory Bell said...

Jo! ok thats a funny post and i LOVE your blog, your kids are too cute. So I am nannying in Connecticut, right on the border of NY and CT. Um arent you in Philidelphia? or somewhere close? because that is only about 2 hours away from me... i think that may call for visit! I miss you guys.

Lorinda said...

Glad to hear Dave indulges himself once in a while! Is your babe really a red head? HOw cute! Congrats on the position at Mayo in 2 years....2years is just long enough to really explore the east and have a fun time, then Rochester will be so happy to have the MOrris family back. Tell Dave the the children hello from us!

Rachael said...

ok -- wait. Was Mark and his brother Brian there castrating sheep?

Abi said...

and that is why i love dave.