It was a [short] weekend but high on quality!! (Did I mention that they did all the dishes that weekend??)
Friday evening: They flew in from UT. (Did I mention that they brought Sam home from an AMAZING week in Utah with grandparents, aunts & uncles, cousins, and NO parents or siblings?!?!)
Sam was exHAUSTED, so we went straight home and ordered our very favorite pizza here in the city of brotherly love. (More accurately, "here in the suburb of the city of brotherly love.")
Saturday: {BAPTISM} day!! It was perfectly special.
I really really regret not getting more pictures of the little details, but at least the day was special and the Spirit was strong.
Sam got to choose the special place for dinner afterwards. (Did I mention that I was very much looking forward to this since we rarely go out to eat.) He chose IHOP. (Did I mention that he was the only one that was excited about this choice?)
He was excited to open his baptism presents as soon as we got home.
Sunday~ {Grandpa's BIRTHDAY!!} Morning church; Fun time making lunch, dinner, and cake; particularly delicious nap, courtesy of G&G; good food, great company, presents; a drive through Valley Forge National Park. (Did I mention my delicious nap?)
| Sam spent the afternoon making these clever cake toppers! Lemonade Cake = MM-mm! |
Monday~ {Final day} Old City, USA
And throughout the weekend, a whole lot of this---
5 comments:
It looks like a wonderfully fun weekend. I'm so glad they could be there for the special occasion to make it more so.
Amazing Gracie!
Did I mention how much I love all your frequent posting and the pics to go along with?
Well, I do. A LOT.
Haha IHOP. That is how I used to feel - I hated it! But now, I LOVE their omelets. Some of their other food is nasty though. It sounds like lots of fun. Those cake toppers are SO cute!!! I'm so glad that it worked out that Sam could come and Morris's could bring him back. Gracie IS a joy!
have i mentioned that my 8 year old loves i hop too.... he wants to go there every weekend!!! so classic. love all the fun pictures! oh & i love naps! :)
I'm glad the family had such a special day with Sam! So cute that he chose IHOP:)
Post a Comment