It is official! Only one of my parents has cancer now!
My mom had her lumpectomy last week and everything went well. The lump was removed with clear margins and there was no cancer in the lymph nodes. She was a total champ and recovered very quickly! Almost instantly, really.
Woot-woot!
I know this would be the obvious time to share an update on my amazing dad but it's a little too depressing for me to go there. The good news? He is on treatment right now and whipping that cancer into shape! The bad news is that he is in tremendous amounts of pain since his bout of Shingles in June. It has developed into Trigeminal Neuralgia and he has been in intense and relentless pain for five months now with no effective treatment to be found. We are praying constantly for him to have relief from the pain and would love for you to join us.
8 comments:
Are you kidding me???! I am so sorry-so happy to hear your mom is doing well and we will pray for your dad. That is WAY too much for any one family to go through! Hang in there!
I am so glad your mom fared well and everything went good. I guess you can exhale 1/2 a deep breath eh? Hopefully the other 1/2 sooner than later! I'll be praying for you and your family! Love ya girl.
We have to count our blessings and take our celebrations where we can -- and your mom's report is absolutley news worth celebrating! Prayers for all of you.
YAY! What great news about your mom. Your Dad is always and still will be in our prayers. Love ya!
SO HAPPY TO HEAR THE NEWS ABOUT YOUR MOM!!!!!! so sorry about your dad. he will be in my prayers. i can't imagine the stress you have been feeling on top of the "normal" everyday worries.
love you.
I'm so happy to hear about your mom. The prayers haven't ceased for your dad. Love you! I hope to hear more positive news soon.
Oh that is FANTASTIC! I'm so glad to hear it! Your mom really is such a trooper! As for your dad, I really, really hope his pain goes away, like NOW! He is a trooper too! We will keep praying for him :)
Oh wow Jo! This is such a happy and such a sad post. I am so glad that things are going well with your mom and just so sorry that your dad is suffering so. I know what a sweet relationship you have with him. Here's hoping things start looking up soon. Hey if there is ever anything I can do for them on your behalf I would love to! Fresh baked bread? A good house cleaning or anything you can think of let me know and I would LOVE to help you make their day!
Post a Comment