For Family Home Evening tonight, we made our annual list of the past year's happenings and it went on for two pages. We normally stick to the highlights and milestones of the year and fill up about one page, but 2010 called for more.
Not only more paper... More character. More strength. More patience. More sanity. More energy. More prayer. More faith. More hope.
We climbed lots of mountains and saw plenty of tender mercies along the way.
The following are some highlights of the "Highlight List" we made tonight.
- Sam was baptized!
- Sam started the scouting program
- Grams (my Mom) battled cancer and won!
- Dave traveled to South Africa and Norway!
- Gracie was born!!
- Sarah started Kindergarten
- Pa (My dad) battled cancer and is winning!
- We moved to Philadelphia
- We took vacations to UT, the Jersey Shore, and Washington DC
- Pa got a horrific case of Shingles which left behind a horrific case of Post-Herpetic Neuralgia
- Dave graduated from his residency and started a fellowship
- Dave took and passed his General Surgery Boards!!
This list is not all-inclusive but you get the idea.
I am very happy to have conquered 2010 and am looking forward to a calm 2011. I have one resolution and one resolution only.
RELAX!
I have a few thoughts on how to do this:
Cook less, Clean less, Worry less, Guilt less.
Play with the kids more, Pillow talk with Dave more,
Keep it more {Simple}!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
7 comments:
Wow!!
Such a big year for you guys.
I love your goal for 2011.
Love your goal!
That is such a big year! You guys are the best!
When you figure it out.... will you let me know how to Worry less & Guilt less. i need a 101 class on that!!! :)
You have been through a lot this year.
Hope 2011 is a calm & happy one for you!!
love you.
AMEN to that soul sista!
Over time, you'll be so glad you're doing the traditional year list. I've referred to ours many times to check on 'when did that happen?'.
Ain't that the truth!!! I LOVE your resolution!
You've definitely had an AMAZING, crazy, full year! I love your 2011 resolution. I need to do it too. I already to cook and clean less than I should...I just need to not feel guilty about it.
Post a Comment