We did our annual recap of the last year for our New Year's Family Home Evening! This is my favorite tradition. It helps me to put things in perspective, plus it is just plain fun to savor the memories. It was encouraging for me to see that 2011 was a better year for us than 2010. When I say better, I guess I mean less emotionally taxing, less "rock my world." Here's to hoping 2012 is even better!!

We had a great Christmas here in PA. It was comfortable, relaxing, cozy and fun. But not white. Which was a bummer. We decided to make our own white Christmas, though, by decking out the house like on the movie Elf. White paper chains all over and tons of paper snowflakes. It helped. But nothing beats a true white Christmas.
 |
| Jammies made with love by Aunt Nannies |
Dave had the week off between Christmas and New Years so we had a nice Staycation. Lots of lounging, naps, playing, etc. We took one of the days to head to Hershey, PA. We had such a great day touring the Chocolate museum and creating our own chocolate bars.
 |
She really liked the Reeses Dogs. She had to kiss every one of them. |
Dave and I celebrated our eleventh anniversary. We went out to a really fancy restaurant in Philadelphia (we had a $200 gift certificate and spent it all and more! That's how fancy.) and had some amazing food and a really great time. We just took our time, savoring every morsel. After dinner, we stopped at Barnes and Noble to browse around. It was a very peaceful evening and pretty close to perfect.
Now we are back to the grind. Well, for a week then we're off to Disney World!!!! (First time for the kids!)
 |
| Christmas Surprise!! |
6 comments:
I hope regular blogging is your new year resolution.....so happy to see a new post on here. Missed you:) looks like Christmas was perfect. Holy cow, love sarahs long hair!!! Fun to go to Disney, I'm jealous! Happy A!
Love you!
^ditto to what Brooke said!
have missed you too! Have a wonderful time at Disney!
xoxo.
P.S. i want to go to the $200 dinner... sounds Yum.O!! :))
sounds so great! i've been wanting to go to Hershey so bad!!! i am determined to get there before we move out of Ohio. How far from Hershys are you? Disney seemed to be a theme for a lot of people i know for christmas this year. how fun!!! hope you guy are doing well!
Have so much fun in Disney world!
You guys deserve it.
Have a great time in Disney world. You are going to have so much fun.
Hey, I missed this! What a fun post. I love how you told the kids about Disney. And I love that my jammies are featured. ;) That is awesome you decked the house out to make it a whiter Christmas. The picture of Gracie and the dogs is so cute. She is a lovemuffin the way she loves all the stuffed animals and had to kiss these! I love her vest too. I'm so glad you got to have such an awesome and fancy anniversary dinner!
Post a Comment