We have just recently made a big decision! (I would like to be done with big decisions for awhile, please!) We have decided to have the kids and me move back to Rochester right away!! We will be moving in three short weeks!!
The Why:
As you know, we have been homeschooling this year. It has been a wonderful experience. Admittedly, it's been incredibly challenging, but I have truly loved it. And so have the kids. We really feel like we made the right decision for this year and we all have learned a lot.
At the beginning of the year, S&S had plenty of social time in the afternoons with the neighborhood kids, but that only lasted for a couple of months. For the last several months, they have had practically zero social interactions and it is obviously concerning for Dave and me. Plus, they miss it, too. We recognize how important it is for them to have plenty of social experiences and want to be sure to offer those to them. So we have decided that it is for the best to move back to Rochester and get the kids back in school there for the last few months of the school year. There are lots of exciting things about moving back to Rochester so soon (squeal!), I also know it is going to be very hard to be away from Dave/Dad for four long months. Especially with a house to take care of. It's also going to be a little hard for me to send the kids back to school. I have really enjoyed having them around and I will miss them very much. But I know that we will all survive and that the good things outweigh the challenges of the situation. So here we go!!!Some other updates:
The End
- Our house saga is nearly over!! We found our (already built) "One Day" house and we're closing on it in three short weeks!! (Squeal!!!) It is just about everything we ever wanted in a great neighborhood, with a great lot, in our perfect ward. We accepted an offer on our current home and will be closing on that in six weeks. So hopefully all goes smoothly and the drama will be over in six short weeks!!
- Gracie's speech is progressing. Slowly, though. We are working with a specialist weekly here in PA and will probably start with a speech therapist in MN. She has about 10-15 words and will be turning two in a couple of weeks. But she does know a ton of signs so that helps us communicate with her. We are thinking it is just a speech delay, but we shall see.
- My dad is in the throes of a stem cell transplant right now. If you have had a loved one go through it before then you know how brutal it can be. Miserable. But we have faith that it will be worth it. Please keep him in your prayers.
4 comments:
Lots of good news here! I am glad that you are excited and hopefully all the good in the move will outweigh you all missing Dave! I am so excited to hear about the new neighborhood and ward and I hope you love it to pieces. WOOHOO about Gracie. I wish I could hear her words and see her sign. She is so yummy.
I love you and miss you more than ever. Truly one of the strongest people I know.
WOW!!!!!!! Crazy!!!! It sounds like you are super excited about all this though (at least the moving part.) I'm happy you're happy!
Whhhhat? Yes. I feel the happiness spewing from my computer. I cannot believe it. And I love you. THE END.
Post a Comment