Thursday, May 31, 2007

Welcome to the Modern World

I'm excited about my latest discovery so I'm going to share it here for those of you with kids.

I've started downloading children's stories from i-tunes to play on my i-pod for long drives in the car. They love them! And they're all free. Check them out under podcasts, if you're interested. My favorites for the young uns- BigStoryTime and Pinky Dinky Doo.

P.S. Speaking of podcasts, mine and Dave's favorite is This American Life from NPR. Love it! Any other good ones we should check out?

3 comments:

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

Brandon and I love "This American Life". I didn't think to get the podcasts so I'll definitely download them. I'm not really a science person (whatever that means) but we LOVE Talk of the Nation Science Friday. Everyone at work thinks I'm a geek because I always get excited for Science Friday. Oh and Jo, I forgot to tell you that I called in and got on the Diane Rehm show. It was awesome.

Brandon said...

I recommend "Selected Shorts" which are short stories read by professional actors. As a word of caution, occasionally the stories have questionable langauge and content so I do not recommend getting the kids all excited about listening to this rich Sunday evening programming.