Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ouch!

Today Sam and I were playing a game and Sam made a smart move.

"Genius," I said. "Do you know what 'genius' means? It means 'really smart.'

Sam said, "But you're not. Right, mommy?"
. . .
At least he won't be one of those kids who grows up thinking his mom is perfect and then has issues when he realizes she's not all that.

2 comments:

Abi said...

I am laughing right now. I really love what kids say! It warms my heart, even when it is a slam to us moms!

Raychill said...

We went to the pet store one night and were perusing all of the animals and we were especially disgusted by the ferrits (sp) -- they really really really stunk. Later that night, I read the J-Man a story and he looked up at me and said, "Mommy, you smell like a ferrit."

That hurts.