Saturday, June 30, 2007

My new hobby

I have a new thing that I love to do. I am loving to mow the lawn lately. I mowed the lawn for the first time ever at the end of last summer. I was surprised to actually enjoy doing it. Now as soon as I notice the lawn getting a little bit long, I start planning when I can stick the kids in front of a movie so I can go out and enjoy the hour of listening to good music and being outside. It's so relaxing for me.
I'm glad I'll have something else to put when people ask me to list my interests and hobbies...

P.S. While I was mowing the lawn yesterday, I was remembering when my friend, Abi, mowed her lawn one time. Her husband did landscaping for a living at that point, so, to drive him crazy, she decided to mow the lawn in all sorts of crazy lines. She just went all over the place. And it did drive him crazy. I get a chuckle every time I think of that.

3 comments:

Abi said...

I am laughing right now!! I still do that once in a while!! That is so funny you remember that! You know what else is so great about mowing the lawn? It is an instant statisfaction because you see what you did instantly . . . and it stays that way for at least a week!
Oh thanks for the shout out to me! MWAH!

Eric said...

I used to mow a huge "E" in dads lawn back when I was about 12 or so. I even took a picture of it one time. I dug through my old pitures and found it this morning, I'll email it too you. I don't remember dad ever saying anything about it, but I do remember him complaining about the bad job I would do mowing the lawn, missing patches and everything. Thats probably why I mowed an E in it.

Natalie said...

Wow, I'm impressed Jo. But I'm also pretty sure the time away from the kids could be a real draw.

Eric -your comment is hilarious. Yeah, I'd venture to guess that IS why you mowed an E in it! lol