Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I heart Dave M.

I'm so GRATEFUL for my husband.
I want to dedicate this post to him
by listing 10 things I love about him.

1) I am floored by what a hard worker he is and what a tough schedule he keeps with out one word of complaint EVER! Un-freakin'-believable.

2) He supports me no matter what I do. If I wanted to sit home all day and watch tv, he would support me whole-heartedly. He is just amazing that way. He supports me every time I go out with the missionaries, with my friends, to run errands, etc. He supports me every time I come up with some crazy scheme. He supports me every time I start a new diet. :) He supports me with all the things I have going on in my life whether they are for me, our family, my friends, my calling, or whatever. He never questions. He just trusts me completely.

3) I love that he doesn't care if the house is clean, dirty, or in complete shambles. And I love that he empties the dishwasher all of the time! (Why do I hate doing that?)

4) I love that he never wants anything for himself. (Like clothes, accessories, toys, etc.) I love this because, (A), I get to spend more on myself!! he he :), and (B) because it just goes to show you what an easy-going, down to earth kind of guy I'm married to.

5) I love that he does not think it is my responsibility to feed him even when I'm out of town. He can so easily fend for himself. What a load that takes off of my shoulders.

6) I love that he knows that staying home with the kids is 100x harder than anything else I could be doing every day. He appreciates it so much and often admits that he could never do it.
It's so nice to be appreciated.

7) I love that he still finds me sexy and irresistable, even 30 pounds later!!

8) I love that he has a brilliant mind.

9) I love that he is the most involved dad that there could be. It is never "babysitting" when he has the kids without me around. Even with his crazy schedule, he has the kids often! He is a 100% hands-on dad, completely involved in their day-to-day routine. I could leave for a week and he could easily run the show while still keeping them on schedule and everything. How amazing is that for a guy who works "80" (smirk) hours a week.

10) I love that he is so brilliantly funny!! His sense of humor keeps our house happy and heavenly always.

I love you babe!!!

6 comments:

Abi said...

I miss you and Dave! Please come home for the holidays!

Natalie said...

Oh Jo,
You are sooooooooooooooooooooooo incredibly lucky - blessed. Truly. These things add up to so much more than you would think. (But I know YOU appreciate them.) It's just - wow, I'm almost in tears. You and Tiff are making me jealous. Are there any left like this? At #1, I was thinking - yeah THAT really is amazing, and then I said the same thing for every one of them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jo, for your blog. I am so proud of Dave and am so glad he has turned out to be such a wonderful husband and dad. He has always been an incredible son. Give him a hug for me.

Shellie said...

I love this post about Dave, it's always fun to "get to know" him better since he isn't EVER around! And by the way I love the sidebar on your blog....the picture...."this is the best we could do"...HILARIOUS!

Anonymous said...

Cutest post ever! You and Dave are a match made in heaven :)

Angie said...

Glad to know my bro is such a great hubby!