Answer: I'm terrible with music, but I used to get totally pumped by Pat Benetar's "We Belong Together!" That could be fun!
Question: How do Sam and Sarah remind me of Dave and myself?
Answer: This is a questions with a million answers! Where do I begin? Let's start with Sam.
Sam is like Dave in that he has an incredible visual memory. It's mind-blowing, really. He also gets frustrated and gives up easily. If it doesn't come easy to either of them right away, forget it! Sam is more like me, however, in that he is hugely social. He is totally driven and energized by socializing. He wakes up every day ready for the party to begin. He is silly like me, as well.
Sarah's personality remi
nds me of Dave more than me. She is what they call a "spirited child," which is what Dave would've been called when he was Sarah's age if that title had been around. They are both so stubborn, you've only seen anything like it in a mule. (I'm not saying that I'm not stubborn, but these two would put me to shame.) Also, very independent. (Her soundtrack would include "Miss Independent" by Kelly Clarkston.) She also prefers solitude and rest to friends and socializing. Sarah is funny. I really think she's going to be truly funny, like Dave. Sarah and Dave both love to read, too.
nds me of Dave more than me. She is what they call a "spirited child," which is what Dave would've been called when he was Sarah's age if that title had been around. They are both so stubborn, you've only seen anything like it in a mule. (I'm not saying that I'm not stubborn, but these two would put me to shame.) Also, very independent. (Her soundtrack would include "Miss Independent" by Kelly Clarkston.) She also prefers solitude and rest to friends and socializing. Sarah is funny. I really think she's going to be truly funny, like Dave. Sarah and Dave both love to read, too.I don't know. She might be more like me when she's not dragging around the house. She's still not back to herself after this nasty sickness.
6 comments:
Oh, I loved this post! Here's your next assignment: Describe your ideal day (assuming you could be anywhere with anyone).
Hey Joanna Kimble. It's Tyler from from the S.D. Mission. Thanks for finding my blog, what a small world indeed. Hope you are doing well! It's been 7 1/2 years! My goodness!
Oh Jo, how "We Belong" reminds me of you! Especially the day you got back from your mission, driving in your brand new Maxima listening to it! Good times :)
What a great post! Your posts are always so fun to read.
Oh, Jo, don't be so hard on yourself. You're at least as 'firmly resolved' as your kids.
Love
I loved reading this. I love your kids. "We belong" has been stuck in my head since I read it!!
Post a Comment