Friday, December 21, 2007

I love...

... getting Christmas cards in the mail! It's so fun to look forward to the mail coming throughout the month of December! I love having a wall plastered with adorable pictures of lifelong friends. It means so much to me.

... having a counter full of goodies and gifts from neighbors and friends. I feel so loved.

... that this year I ventured into candy-making land! I decided to bake treats as my gifts for friends and neighbors and it was a total blast. I made fudge, caramels, mints, peppermint bark, and p.b squares. My first time around for all of these things so it was a fun adventure. (I have to shout out to my friend Jessica who totally inspires me to do all of these things! She's inspired me to start cooking again, baking, candy-making, paint my whole house, decorate my house, bake bread, etc. etc. What a woman!)

.. that today is the first day of Dave's vacation!! YIPPEEHOORAYYEEHAWARIBAARIBAWHOOHA!!!!!!

... that Christmas is in two days! I feel ready now so bring it on!!

... all of you!

5 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

I just feel like jumping up and down with you after this post!!!

Haley said...

dito!! i would love to have a copy of your recipes!!! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!!

Natalie said...

Oh wow Jo - that's awesome!! I wish we still did neighbor treats around here. I think it is really nice to connect to people that way. What kind of mints did you make?
I love getting Christmas cards too! It makes me feel like I have friends lol!

YAAAAAAAAY! Dave has a break - I bet that is heaven! Have fun!!

carlyl said...

Can I say that the christmas candy you ventured out and made was wonderful... We loved all of it. I have to admit it didn't last the whole day, we had the whole plate at by 2:00!!!!

Abi said...

I sure LOVED getting your card! your kids are so SWEET! I loved getting an update in the mail as well.
LOVE YOU AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!