Monday, December 31, 2007

Peace and quiet

This weekend was a little gift from God to me. Let me tell you about it. Dave's grandma passed away on Christmas day. (She's been in hospice for a couple of months so we knew it was coming. Too bad it was Christmas day, though.) He flew home for the funeral this weekend and took Sam with him. It was so calm and quiet in our home. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it! No bickering between Sam and Sarah, no one bouncing off the walls and the couch and the ceiling, and I only had to deal with demands from one child! Sigh... It was so nice. Alas, they are back. They came back yesterday afternoon and life was back to normal within one split second. Which is the way I truly like it. A break was nice. Another day would've been nice. But after a week, I know I would be itching for some noise and chaos and energy in our house. Life would seem nearly empty without Sam's sense of humor and special personality in our home. BUT! I definitely enjoyed the break!

They had a great trip to Utah. It was so special that they
got to have a trip with just the two of them. They got to spend a couple of hours with my family, playing with the humongous Geotrax set that my Dad has been collecting since we were there last. Saturday, they drove to Malad for the funeral and then to Logan for a Morris family Christmas party. Sam thought that day was a little boring (okay, a lot boring), but it was good for him to spend the day with grandma and grandpa and Connor and Aleah. And it was really good that he got to see Dave's cousins from both sides of the family. Sunday morning, they got up early and flew home. Whirlwind trip. Quite an experience!

3 comments:

[BrookeO] said...

Oh I love it. I can totally relate to it all. What a fun get-a-way for dad and son as well.

Natalie said...

What a great experience for Sam. I told Dave he should take Sarah on a little Daddy-daughter lunch or something. It was absolutely delicious to see Sam. It was so funny how we were all literally watching the door for hours on pins and needles.

I am SOOOOO glad you got a little break. How wonderful! Amazing how fast it goes back to normal!

Natalie said...

I wanted to add that in all Dave's spare time, he could take Sarah out. lol Yeah right.