Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Traditions

I would LOVE to hear your Christmas Eve traditions. Particularly the ones you have begun with your own little family.
Please share!

11 comments:

Eric said...

I am expecting you guys to show up at Pa and Grams house for Christmas. I figured it out a couple days ago that you were going to surprise us with that. Don't worry I'll still be really suprised. See you soon.

missliss5/Melissa said...

I feel your pain with the "it's almost Christmas" stress. Ok--traditions that are my favorite. On Christmas Eve we let the kids open one gift. It is always new warm pj's that they get to put right on and I love pics on Christmas morning with the kids in their new pjs.

My very favorite tradition is the whole family sleeping together by the Christmas tree. We did it growing up and Dan and I have continued the tradition with our kids. It's really fun and Santa has to be very sneaky!

gasdaddy said...

Hey there! We don't really have any traditions for our little family yet, since we've spent all of them with family up until now. When I was little we would have a "gunnell olympics" (my maiden name) and do all sorts of games (one was a nerf gun war) before we read the christmas story. Crazy, I know. But fun none the less!

PS. How did you get that background on your computer? let's talk. Super cute.

gasdaddy said...

PPS. This is lindsay Gassin by the way. I forgot I was signed in under Ryan's screen name! :)

Kristi said...

Shrimp cocktails. . . .acting out the nativity. . . watching Luke 2. . . and who could forget opening one present which ALWAYS seemed to be pajamas :)

Kristi said...

Oh. . and reading polar express!

Anna said...

I need to steal ideas for traditions...

JoAnna said...

Wanna hear one of ours? It's kinda silly but we started it last year and we want to continue it. We go bowling on Christmas Eve afternoon. It was really fun!

Natalie said...

Hahahehe I love Eric's comment! Don't we wish. Well the schedule with Jake has changed so often with him being at his dad's some days, here some days that we don't have many traditions. We have more Halloween traditions than Christmas ones. But one is that we take a picture of Jake in front of the fireplace each year to see how much he's grown. Another fun one (not!) is my wrapping marathon once he goes to bed on Christmas Eve (if he's been here before Christmas... it just never seems to get done!)

Haley said...

Even in Seattle we had a few family members to spend Christmas eve with but like anna, now that we are in Ohio and truly on our own, we could use some ideas this year!!! Some of our friends have invited us to go to church with them it could be fun and interesting not sure if we will go though.

Mike said...

blogging.