
Totally Random Story...
When I was young, I enjoyed playing with my barbies. One day I named my barbie family {The Rose family}. There was a younger barbie, probably a Skipper (remember the teenage barbie?), who I thought was very beautiful. I came up with thee PERFECT name for her- [BEAUTIMOUS ROSE]. I was SO proud of this name. So proud, in fact, that I went to my mom to tell her of my genius. I was a little shy about it, though, and I wanted to be sure that she didn't tell anyone else so I swore her to secrecy. Then I went back to playing with Beautimous and the rest of the Rose family.
Later that night, I was absolutely mortified when my siblings began to tease me about BEAUTIMOUS ROSE. How did they know?! Who told them? It had to have been my mother! The traitor!! I'd been betrayed!! How could she??
I've actually been able to laugh about this now for several years, but still, deep down inside, felt like I would NEVER do that to my own child. Until... I became a mother. Now I know, without a doubt, that if my child came to me to tell me of the beautiful name they gave their barbie, I would be on the phone within seconds sharing it with everyone I could get a hold of. And I guess it would be okay. I didn't need therapy, after all.
6 comments:
Love it! I wish I had a dollar for all the times I have done something that I swore "I would NEVER do when I was a mom."
Uh oh....does that mean I shouldn't have told anyone that Veronica at agr 7 wanted to name her new sister Horse?
OH JO. That is so cute. I would NOT be able to keep that under wraps either...
I have moments like this all the time!! Kids are so funny!!!
Oh ya, I just started the proper feeding of husbands book it's great so far and very eye-opening!!!
Ha-ha...I totally remember the Barbie families. Mine was the Hart family with Skipper and a baby. Skipper was flat as a board while the baby had boobs. I was always so confused about that.
Oh Jo - you would have deprived us of this family joke that delighted us many a time?? Beautimous Rose is the best name EVER!!
And yeah, the motherhood thing - who'd have thought we did NOT know it all when we were young?
Post a Comment