Saturday, January 26, 2008

I got nothin!

I am totally drawing a blank! I have nothing to blog about lately! What's that about?? So... I thought I would just type and see what comes. Hmmm... How about a little "Morris Family Update"??

Dave is enjoying a very nice rotation. AND most of the time the good ones are short, but this one is 7 weeks long!! It's with a nice consultant who treats him well and the schedule is very good. We are enjoying having him around again. My favorite part is being able to have dinner as a family most nights. It's also been nice to hang out after the kids go to bed. He's been watching the third season of LOST. Personally, I couldn't stand the show. I quit after an episode or two into season two. It drove me crazy how they were never tying anything up and always opening new plot lines. But I've been sucked back in, I admit. And I'm hooked again. So it's been fun to have something to do together in the late evenings.
I am still doing the things you always hear me talk about... teaching lots of soccer classes (which is tons of fun), working with the missionaries a bunch, and entertaining the kids. I've made it two weeks without any candy or dessert. It really hasn't been too hard and I'm feeling great.
Sam has really not been himself lately. He's been extra whiny, sad, and even a little depressed. He keeps saying that life is too hard for him. ?? I really don't know what to think. I'm hoping he's a little under the weather and it will pass. But I am concerned about him. Things like this make really grateful for the gift of prayer. Because, otherwise, I'd feel helpless. He did ENJOY a fun visit from his Grams and Pa. (That's what the grandkids call my parents.) They came earlier this week for a few days and spoiled us rotten. They played constantly with the kids and Sam was in HEAVEN!
Sarah has actually been a hoot lately. She's full of it. Always being silly and wanting to play. She started a PRINCESS class through community ed this week. It's a little preschool class where they get to do all sorts of princess-y things. She loved it! She is also enjoying being a big girl in primary. She is a cute little sunbeam and loves the singing time. She is one of 25 new sunbeams in our primary this year!!!!
So, there you have it. A little update from the Rochester branch Morris Family.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I love your page design!!! Thanks for the update. That is so nice that you have Dave around more and that he likes this rotation! Oh man Jo- that seems so unlike Sam to me. He is always so full of life. I hope it is a quickly passing thing. Jake is going through some depression and I can't even describe how it scares me and breaks my heart to see him in emotional pain. I can only hope it is the pre-teen hormone changes. I agree that prayer is amazing. We are able to go to church together now which is an abolute boon, blessing, refill, wonder, and gift. Also, we start a counselor on Tuesday. Anywho, that's enough of my update!
I bet Sarah does love the singing time in Primary!! That princess class sounds fun. Love you!

Unknown said...

i also am finding that it gets easier and easier to say no to the junk. i feel so much better. i don't really even miss it. ok, occasionally i do, but for the most part i don't really even crave it any more. good to hear how things are going!

Haley said...

so fun to hear about your family. poor sam! mitch has gone through times like that so i know how hard it is to watch your child feel bad, its TERRIBLE. i think it is probably a phase and it will pass. hope your doing will.

thanks for your comment on our blog i am always wondering if i am doing too much or too little or beign boring etc. so THANKS.

Elise said...

I barely got to say hi to you today. I hope you had a good one. How can we all be SO not busy, but busy??? I guess that's what being a mom is all about! So excited for our convo on Wednesday. Maybe we should do push-ups to get in shape!!!

Later

Anna said...

Thanks for the update! I was happy to hear you got sucked back into Lost. It got shaky for me during season 3 but I love Matthew Fox too much to give it up.

Sorry to hear Sam is sad. Maybe it's because Grams and Pa left. Even when Grant is so little he still gets grumpy for days after my parents leave or we leave SLC.