This advisory was issued today for the lovely city in which I live...
A WIND CHILL WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 12 PM CST SUNDAY. A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST TONIGHT. WIND CHILLS OF 35 TO 45 BELOW ZERO CAN BE EXPECTED TONIGHT... CONTINUING INTO SUNDAY MORNING. FROST BITE CAN DEVELOP IN AS LITTLE AS 10 MINUTES WITH WIND CHILLS THIS COLD. BETWEEN 11 AM AND 3 PM TODAY...STRONG WINDS...BLOWING SNOW AND FALLING TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO MOVE IN...AS AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT ADVANCES EASTWARD. SOME LIGHT SNOW WILL BE POSSIBLE TODAY...WITH ACCUMULATIONS UP TO AN INCH. SOME WHITE-OUT CONDITIONS COULD DEVELOP IN OPEN AND UNSHELTERED AREAS...INCLUDING AREA RIDGE-TOPS DUE TO WIND GUSTS UP TO 40 TO 45 MPH. A WIND CHILL WARNING MEANS THE COMBINATION OF VERY COLD AIR AND STRONG WINDS WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY LOW WIND CHILL VALUES. THIS WILL RESULT IN FROST BITE AND LEAD TO HYPOTHERMIA OR DEATH IF PRECAUTIONS ARE NOT TAKEN. A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.
Before we knew about this, Sam and Rachel were outside sledding.
They were dressed like this...

Now they are sitting in front of the TV like this...

I take that back... Now they are bundling up again to go back outside for some more sledding!
12 comments:
So cute, I love it. I will be a constant visitor now.
Just think JoAnna, hop on I-35 south for several hours hop off in Round Rock and your forcast today is ...
Sunny, with a high near 74. East northeast wind around 5 mph.
We just got back from the park and feeding ducklings. It is so funny what a different world we are living in :)
i can't believe how cold the mid-west is. people kept telling me it was colder than utah but i didn't believe it. now i understand and it sounds like you are much colder than we are in Ohio.
I am dying to be somewhere warm....ahhhhh
I am freezing to death, we all are blowing away. Help!!!!
Same forecast here in Cedar Rapids. Bundle up for church today!
i guess i spoke too soon!! kids are home from school today because it's too cold out!!!
I totally feel your pain in the frigid Michigan weather. Although our wind chill only brought the lowest temp down to negative 25. Apparently I'd better quit complaining since you've got it 20 degrees colder, haha!
Come home! It's 50 degrees today. By the way, can't wait for March's club reading! Love, love, LOVE that book. Could probably read it a million times.
Wow, what a warning, I really want to pack up and come out to frolic with that sort of a day! Oh wait- we've got it here too :( To reply to your question- you can for sure send Abby the mouse thing...she'll love it!
Holy cow...I thought it was bad in Utah. I am ready to head off to Mexico to get out of the 30's and 40's! How do you survive? At least the kids are having fun. I don't think I would last there. :)
Oh my freakin' goodness. I can't even imagine how cold that is!!! I don't think I'd even dare leave the house at all! I'm impressed that you guys all survived sledding outside!
Post a Comment