Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Rock!

I have thee coolest friends ever! They keep me sane.
Today for lunch, we all met at Carly's house for some Chipotle takeout. Then we congregated downstairs for some PS3 ROCK BAND!! It was my first time and I am totally hooked. Loved playing the drums and the guitar! Screaming along to Beastie Boys' "Sabotage" was not my proudest moment, but, man, I was having a blast!
Now I wonder what my mom was out doing with her friends while I was spending my afternoons in kindergarten??

12 comments:

Lacey said...

While Ella was at preschool yesterday, I spent 3 hours playing Guitar Hero. That stuff is totally addictive, don't you think? Anyway, I have to admit I was pretty awesome. I'll have to do it with friends next time ... then there'll be witnesses to how much I rock! Sounds like you had a fun day!

Kristin said...

As moms, we have to sign the no comment rule on telling our kids nothing about all the fun we had while they were at school. We are only suppost to sit around the house and cry because we miss them so. Did you not get this paperwork, I must send it over right away.

[BrookeO] said...

I am still laughing...that was such a good time, seriously it was basically a high, not a drug high, but better than a dc high...

PS JO, was rock'n the mike, headbanging and all - I would pay to watch it again! and again!...

Natalie said...

Haha that's awesome Jo! You should totally come play with Jake when you come!

Kathi said...

Jake would LOVE that!
I am so sorry to be disappointing, but I was having Presidency meetings or scripture study groups while you were in school. Oh no wonder I'm so boring!!

carlyl said...

Honestly Jo you are such a NATURAL, I was telling Mike how good you were. And really you have etched Sabatoge in my head for a long time. HEHE.

Haley said...

Thats funny!!! makes me wonder. I think my mom was probably attending to 3 other little girls!!!

kateworthi said...

Seriously - you were really good JO. You do have a natural talent! So much fun. Sorry you all had to bear through my loud, obnoxious, off-key singing. I know I can't sing when I can't hear myself. Sorry. You do rock though! Let's do it again soon.

Anna said...

I left Grant and Brandon at home last week to play boxing on the Wii. I love the Wii.

Anonymous said...

I really wonder if my mom was as childish as I am. I, yes I, got the Wii and guitar hero for my birthday. It wasn't for my kids - it was expressly for me! :)

We'll face off next time you're in SLC!

Natali Thompson said...

I love rock band and guitar hero! That has been an ongoing thing with my friends...were our moms that cool?

Anonymous said...

Uh.. well... I like Sabotage on the hard level on guitar. And I haven't played it on drums yet. And my drum pedal is broken. And my guitar is at my dad's. But I will have it when you come so we can play it!!!
Jake