[...read...] The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. I'd heard about this book for years and years but had no desire to read it. However, my "non-fiction" book club chose this book for
this month's read and so I finally opened it up. I am so glad I did. What a fascinating read! I haven't read it all the way through yet, but I'm thinking my primary love language is QUALITY TIME in the dialect of conversation. What's yours??
[...concern...] Well, there's several, really. When aren't there? At this very moment, however, my kids are sleeping fitfully with terrible coughs. So there's concern #1. But a constant concern that is always on my mind... Do I want more kids or am I done? Could I handle more kids or would I break? (Please no comments to shoo-shoo this feeling. It is a very real and legitimate concern.) Am I supposed to have more kids?
[...testimony builder...] Teaching a new convert the missionary lessons as a ward missionary. So awesome.
[...highlight...] My hot date with Dave last night! His birthday is coming up so I planned a special day for him. To start it off, he got to spend the morning resting and reading in bed. Then we drove up to the twin cities and went to the temple together. (So wonderful!) Then we went to a very nice sushi restaraunt. (So delicious!) Then we went to a theater to see a comedy show called Triple Espresso. (SO HILARIOUS!) The best part was all of the time to talk (conversation ;)). It was a great time!
[...scentsy...] White Tea and Cactus
[...vacation plans...] I have two, actually. The kids and I are going to UT in a few weeks. The kids are very excited to see their UT friends and family. I am too. I'm also excited about a vacation we are planning to Minneapolis. Sometime in May we will be heading up to the twin cities to spend a few days in a waterpark hotel. We'll spend most of our time playing at the waterpark, but we also want to make a visit to the new Nickelodeon Theme Park in the Mall of America, take the monorail, play miniature golf on an awesome course in the MOA, and explore the big city! I am sooo excited about this.
What's your latest??
8 comments:
How fun that you got to spend QUALITY TIME with Dave!!! I think my love language is quality time as well. I too really enjoyed the book.
LOVE this blog!
When's your trip to UT? Sounds like you've had a lot of fun lately, and will have a lot of fun soon. What a good post.
Oh wow that vacation in May sounds SO fun!!! OF course I am very much looking forward to your UT one though! I'm so glad you got to have a good day with Dave! I have thought that book sounded good but never picked it up either. I think I will at some point.
I wish a birthday or anniversary came every month! It's so refreshing going out just one on one and being reminded of how much you love each other : ) Happy b-day to the big guy too. I'm sure as you continue to pray and ponder the kid question will be answered : ) I always have a listening ear if you need one.
Kids dilemna. I read your words and could have been writing them. I REALLY would like to feel DONE right now. I'd love to have this lovely feeling that confirmed that these beautiful kids are how many we are "supposed" to have. Some people say I should just feel good and choose to be done be DONE. Some people say we'll "know". Etc., etc. But I don't "know". And I don't want to be a totally crazy mother by having more kids than I can handle. I really WANT to be done. But I don't know if I am "supposed" to have more kids. So---I hear your pain, girl.
The blog for resident wives is a GREAT idea! I'm sure you and all who read it will love it! And I can't believe you had never read that book before! You are such a reader. Is it a new edition? Because I don't remember the dialect part. I've heard about that rock band game. Sounds like fun! We can't wait to see you guys!
Ditto on the kids dilemma, nuf' said.
We've been the water park in MN - it's so fun. We're thinking of going back for spring break this year, or the Dells.
Post a Comment