My friend posted a thoroughly enjoyable read of 100 things about her for her 100th post. I LOVED reading it and thought I would do it for mine too. Then I realized that I've already posted my 100th post! In fact, this will be my 109th post!! So, in honor of this, here are 109 things that you never wanted to know about me...
1. I am currently bleaching my teeth with the wal-mart brand of whitening strips. They are seriously disgusting. Who would've thought two weeks would seem like two eternities??
2. I took a pregnancy test tonight. [negative] (Relief. Not trying. Don't keep your ears perked for any future announcements.)
3. I love to take naps.
4. I love being a homemaker.
5. I'm a RED personality.
6. I want to get a tummy-tuck one day (today, really.).
7. A pet-peeve of mine is when people ask me if I got my haircut. Chances are- yes, seeing as I get my haircut every 6-12 weeks.
8. I also think it's slightly annoying when people ask this question- "Is that new?"
9. I love to PLAN!
10. I get burned out too easily.
11. I love to play the piano. It is completely therapeutic for me. I could play for hours upon hours. (But I'm not very technical, therefore I am not consistent and I stink at playing in front of people.)
12. I love to go on walks.
13. I LOVE to see a good musical at the theater.
14. In my next life, I want to be able to sing (because I really really can't) and have long legs.
15. I would much prefer to live in MN than in AZ. I do not mind the long winters at all and I hate heat.
16. I love severe weather.
17. I am a total sucker for easter candy. Skittles in a pastel package... can't resist!
18. Remember how I am not supposed to be eating any candy or desserts this year? Remember how I totally suck at sticking with things? Well, I have not been perfect with this. But I am also NOT giving up.
19. I hate to swim in lakes and oceans. Always have. However, it's only been in recent years that I've been "mature" enough to admit this and accept it. :) After a few days of snorkeling on our honeymoon, I finally admitted to Dave that I hated it and couldn't take one more minute of it. I got out of the ocean and went and sat on the empty beach and waited for him to finish. Ironically, I was not ashamed. I was totally proud of myself for finally accepting this fear. How weird am I?
20. I do not love to watch movies. Every once in awhile, I'm up for one, but I really don't like to get totally emotionally involved (like I ALWAYS do). I would much rather watch a light-hearted sitcom like THE OFFICE.
21. I LOVE "THE OFFICE."
22. My oldest brother died when I was 18 yrs old. He was 24. I miss him every single day and often feel him close by.
23. After he died, I slept in my parents bed with them for several nights!!
24. Whenever I was away from my family when I was growing up, I would ALWAYS get homesick... for any length of trip or even an afternoon with my friends.
25. Another constant debate in my life... to move back to UT or to not move back to UT when Dave's residency is done (if we have the choice, that is).
26. I really really dislike talking on the phone. It takes way too much energy for me. I much prefer to send an e-mail.
27. I love to stay up late and sleep in. My kids don't. So instead I stay up late and get up early. And take a nap if at all possible.
28. My worst punishment would be- nothing to do!
29. And yet, I get stressed out way too easily.
30. Is this boring you? I'm actually enjoying it.
31. I bite my fingernails. My mom paid for me to have acrylic fingernails for years (like 7!!) in hopes that it would break the habit. It didn't.
32. I hate gum. I cannot stand when other people chew it. I cringe at the sight of abc gum (and the thought of it!)
33. Talk about vomit, poop, and guts all you want. Bring up boogers, and it's over for me. Totally disgusted. Don't even ask about my traumatic booger story from way back in elementary school.
34. I went to a private school from 4th grade to 8th grade. I loved it!
35. I love Air Supply. And Dolly Parton. (Haley, I told you I love your taste in music.)
36. I love to play. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!
37. Growing up, my bedroom was in a basement that also housed over 30 snakes. The snakes often escaped. To this day, I have snake nightmares.
38. Dave teases me for the way I say "sugar." (sherger, i guess?)
39. This is way more than you ever wanted to know about me, huh? Maybe you should stop reading....
39. It is only recently dawning on me that not everybody can laugh at themselves. I wonder how many people I've offended through the years for not realizing this...
40. I wish I was less outspoken.
41. I love to read.
42. Perfume gives me a headache. (Not yours, Katie.) It was the worst in h.s. when I would sit next to a perfume-wearer in first period. It would ruin my whole day.
43. Sometimes, out of nowhere, I remember things from F-R-I-E-N-D-S that make me bust out laughing. Two of the most recent ones- the teeth whitening one (remember Ross' glow in the dark teeth?!) and the spray tanning one. Omigosh! How hilarious was that show??
44. I am totally an extrovert.
45. I am totally an introvert.
46. Here's an example. In high school, I would invite all of my friends over to swim and spend the day with me. Then in the middle of the day, I would sneak downstairs to my bedroom and read a book all by myself to recharge my batteries. I would love to go out on a Friday or Saturday night with all my friends, but I would LOVE to stay home on the other night and write in my journal or organize my closet. I'm totally an enigma.
47. I can't decide if my "love language" is quality time or acts of service. I just might be bilingual. Again, enigma...
48. I LOVE to shop. In fact, since I'm on a budget that is not very "shop-friendly", I often look forward to grocery shopping. It's something, right?
49. I love enchiladas but I don't like red enchilada sauce.
50. I love to cook, but not with my kids in the kitchen.
51. I love to do things for other people.
52. I used to thrive on chaos. Now I cannot handle even two seconds of it. I will snap, I promise. So beware...
53. I used to be the biggest snoop. I would always try to listen to my brother's phone calls and read my other brother's journal. What is wrong with me!!!?! (I promise I have totally grown out of this.)
54. I love my dad. On the night I was set apart as a missionary, I was violently ill. So was my mom. He took complete and total care of us. Walking back and forth to each bathroom, bringing us whatever we needed. The next day, when I was supposed to be entering the MTC, he sat with me while I lay flat on the couch. I think fondly on that time as he told me story after story of his fascinating life. I LOVE my dad!
55. My big brother and I were super close in high school and college. We shared the same friends and did just about everything together. My favorite memories with him are all the years of carpooling to and from high school and college.
56. I've been arrested for shoplifting. I PROMISE I WAS INNOCENT! Wrong place, wrong time. But before they realized that, I was escorted through the mall in handcuffs.
57. I tend to laugh in the midst of tense situations. I cannot tell you how many times I've infuriated my parents with this tendency.
58. I love choco chip cookie dough way more than I love choco chip cookies.
59. I am totally craving The Old Spaghetti Factory.
60. I love roller coasters. Love them!
61. When I'm alone and happen across "Who's Line is it Anyway?" on the TV, I laugh really hard really loud. If I ever watch it with Dave, it strikes me as completely unfunny.
62. I love to play Dr. Mario. But not alone. In the perfect world, Dave will love to play it with me.
63. If I could travel back in time, I would be 19 again for a little while... eating peach rings with Lisa and listening to DMB. Ski days and FRIENDS. Peach smoothies. Playing scrabble. Middle of the night Sconecutter oreo shakes. Sleepovers. Hurling and twirling and swirling. I wanna be... drug-free, drug-free, drug-free. Shag. Get your hand off my butt's date. Camping for days in the same gross t-shirt. Oh man, Lis! What memories I have with you. I LOVE YOU, girl!!
64. I check my e-mail several times a day.
65. I have NO desire to travel to any exotic and far-off lands.
66. I worked at a dry cleaners for years and years. I loved that job. I would still work there if I could.
67. I love the Reader's Digest and usually read it cover to cover.
68. I do not know the first thing about politics. I want to want to be informed. But I'm not there yet.
69. I swear by my chiropractor.
70. The only crossword puzzles I can do are the ones in PEOPLE magazine.
71. I love to cross-stitch.
72. I love caramel. Caramel popcorn, plain caramels, caramel apples, caramel ANYTHING!
73. I don't like nuts in bread or desserts.
74. I love coconut flavor but I don't like the texture of actual coconut.
75. Kevin James cracks me up.
76. I love to write with a pencil. It improves my handwriting big time.
77. I'm really good with names.
78. I'm really bad when it comes to remembering "details."
79. I'm currently reading "These Is My Words" by Sarah Prine. I can't put it down.
80. I have Restless Leg Syndrome. I take medicine for it. The medicine has made a huge difference.
81. I took French for 7 years plus a few courses in college yet I can barely speak a sentence or two.
82. I served a mission in San Diego, CA. It was seriously an amazingly wonderful experience. I loved loved loved it. I often get mission-sick.
83. I used to be nearly paralyzed with a fear that my dad was going to die.
84. I once threw a rollerblade at my little sister!!! We fought like cats and dogs growing up. We are 16 months apart and could not be more different. I love her, though. I have tons of respect for that girl!
85. I like being a patient in a hospital. I don't know if it's the drugs or what...
86. I love my in-laws.
87. I enjoy a good inside joke.
88. I had my appendix taken out when I was 11 weeks pregnant with Sarah.
89. I've gained at least 20 pounds since we moved to Rochester! I blame it all on Sarah... ;)
90. I have one of those permanant retainers on my bottom teeth.
91. Speaking of teeth, I have bad teeth. I've had a kajillion cavities.
92. I love it when it gets dark early. It feels so cozy and relaxing. I like dark and cozy.
93. I've had my bellybutton pierced.
94. I love to get massages. I'd get one every day if I could.
95. I'm totally allergic to cats. If you have a cat, I cannot come to your home or else I will be miserable.
96. I never want a pet. Especially a dog.
97. I love kids.
98. I cannot understand racism. Cannot even begin to wrap my mind around it.
99. I've never seen E.T.!
100. I hate Star Wars.
101. I always think the best of somebody until they prove me wrong.
102. I am an optimist.
103. I am totally addicted to the computer.
104. I sucked my thumb until I was 8 yrs. old.
105. I listen better when I'm doing something with my hands.
106. I love to listen to NPR.
107. This post is killing me.
108. I want to move to a different house.
109. I am afraid to admit that I am a total control-freak at heart. I have overcome this a lot, though.
25 comments:
Restless leg syndrome? Maybe it's not funny, but I can't stop chuckling! That was awesome! Great list! Believe it or not, I don't think I could think of 109 things to say about myself ... better start thinkin'!
I love it!! I can't believe you did this so quickly. I worked on it for weeks!!!! You are much more interesting than I am. I think about your brothers all the time(i often wonder if I could have been a better friend at a hard time in your life) especially Curt (C or K) when I think back to high school and him being the first one to take me driving!!! AHHHH air supply. My kids definitely know who Dolly is!!!! So fun to learn new things about you and remember things i already knew!!!
I'm so glad you did this!!!
2. Me too!! Well, except it was in the morning. Same result though :)
18. I've been meaning to tell you that I'm trying to do it too.
22/23. Made me tear up. You know why.
35. Dolly Parton funds a program here in Indiana that sends Grant a book for free every month until he turns five. She rocks!
54. I totally remember that night. You were so sick! Your dad is so cool. Your family is so cool.
44/45. Me too!
106. I don't know what I would do without NPR.
That was awesome! "These Is My Words" is soo good, I couldn't put it down either. It was great to learn all of those things about you. One of my favorite things about you is that you are so ture to yourself, a great quality. PS: I may have to copy you on the 100 things
Jo & Anna- I wish i was taking pregnancy tests!!!!!
Sweet Jo, this was the coolest post ever! I want 109 more...I feel like I learned a lot about you :) I miss you like crazy, so to #25 I say "Utah"!
ok, so many of these things are eric to a T. I loved reading it because I kept thinking how you guys are very similar. I think this is why i like you so much!
SWEET! I could ditto lots of yours! Like caramel everything, just say no to all pets, wanting to sing, The Office, staying up late, Readers Digest, being a patient in a hospital (it's the closest I'm ever going to get to being waited on hand and foot), and #101. BUT I would never pick a cold climate over a hot one, LOL!
Love it Jo. Now I know how to say realtor and not to ask you about your hair : ) Sorry about the perfume... I am a perfume lover (but only certain smells). I won't sit by you in the movie that we won't go to if I'm wearing any : ) Hope the kiddos are better!
E
Loved that! So many things are like me, and so many aren't. I have no RED in me. You got that from your dad. You are also very YELLOW. You and Eric.
Thanks for doing it!
Love, Mom
As I was reading your list, I realized, "Oh man! I just asked if you got a hair cut a week ago." I'll never ask you again :)
Another thing i should've put is that you should never really remember anything I say about what i like and dislike. I'm always up for a ride and totally willing to go with the flow. You can totally ask me if I got my haircut or invite me along to a movie. I won't really be annoyed. Just funny things...
Ok where do I begin??? I think I have asked you if you have gotten a haircut oh maybe like 10 times, so sorry. Also lets get tummy tucks together oh and walk cuz I love them too. I hate swimming in anything. I am so elated to know you were hand cuffed and had a belly button ring. I absolutly love this post. Good job girl.
Whew! What else do I say...!!! I love this post about you, seriously I love you! You make me laugh so hard. There are a few I would like to know more about...maybe next GNO..huh!
Hi Joanna, I'm snooping on your blog-- might even add it to my favorites if you don't mind. . . . .I think we a very similar people. I often remember Friends episodes at random times. . . .right now I am thinking about the one when Monica put the Turkey on her head.
My husband is PGY1 surgery resident at the UofU. He interviewed at Mayo and I think I remember him mentioning your hubby-- I am remembering the last name Morris. We really went back and forth on whether to rank it--my husband was so impressed, but family here and cold weather there deterred me.
Okay, now I've just shared my life story with you. . . .sorry, I hope you aren't totally creeped out!
Hi JoAnna-it's Kris from Saying It Simply. Just wanted to make sure you knew we appreciated the posting! I can't believe you are in MN we lived their for a year (a year and a half ago) and LOVED it. We were in Minnetonka. We totally enjoyed the summer we had there and the friends we made. And we lived in AZ, too. Crazy. this post was phenominal. When people ask me to post 7 interesting things about myself, I can only think of the negatives and I fear no one would want to know more... Great job. And thanks again for checking us out!
i couldn't even imagine that it was possible to love joanna more...and then the list comes into my life! are you even real? how are you so hilarious and amazing and smart and genuine? i am thinking about moving to MN just for the chance of running into you at Walmart.
Hey who cares about the rollerblade! Remember the Marshmallow? Oh wait, that was me that threw it at you... Oh man that was hilarious. I have a friend that seems to always relate everything to F-R-I-E-N-D-S. My battery in my smoke detector died and she immediately referred to that F-R-I-E-N-D-S episode of Pheobe and the smoke detector. It cracked me up.
Oh and I also wanted to tell you how interesting it was to realize how much I actually know about you and how much our family is alike.
Jo! This was totally fun to read about you!! I was surprised by the fact that we are more alike in some ways than I thought. SO SO NOT #s 44, I have to force myself to be with people, and 15 and 9. But 10 wow yes, 19 OK - I am a curious person but I am really SO not interested in the "pretty" (shudder) fish down there. The sky I am very interested in. #20 SAME HERE!! #26 Me too!! I can talk to Mom but I'd 100 xs rather email everyone else, except family, once in a while. Writing is just better. #61 Remember the time you said you loved "Who's Line" and I thought you were joking!? heehe I loved the part about Dad. I remember when we were younger you were a "daddy's girl" then too.
Oh, and not that I didn't write enough before but I had to say that These Is My Words is by far my favorite book and author I have read in a very long time.
Wow! Just when I thought I knew you...that was very informative. I'll be careful not to chew gum around you anymore (I'm a total gum chewer) and ask you if you got your haircut (I think I ask you that every time I see you). Oh and I'm glad to know you don't like talking on the phone. Now I don't feel bad that I never call you! I don't call anyone! I'm also glad to know that you love your in-laws :)
I LOVE YOU!!!! Please come and have a president meeting with me again! You are so wonderful! I read the whole thing!!
LOVE the POST! I learned a lot of cool things about you. I to have Restless leg, but it comes and goes. NOT FUN!
Jo-you may not even get this comment since this post is so old-I loved it though! Lots of fun information. I read all 109 things. I have quite a few I share with you (and some that are way different!) I will have to keep this in mind for my 100th post! You are awesome. I miss FRIENDS as well and I think I compare something in my life to an episode almost every day!
Post a Comment