Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Sweet Sam

Sam LOVES babies! LOVES them! Most babies, aged 0-2, and he is hooked! He smothers them with his attention and loves. He would rather play with a child that age than with one his own age. He's especially excited because his BFF's mom just had a baby. Now he gets to see and hold a brand-new baby often. It thrills him beyond words and he constantly begs to go to their house to hold little Max.
The other day we were talking about Max and what it would be like for him to have a little brother. I told him maybe (don't worry, I made sure he knew it was a very big maybe!) when you guys are older we'll have another baby. He said, "Yeah, maybe some day when me and Sarah know how to work in the kitchen." I was a little taken aback and asked him why that would be... He said that that way when I had been up all night with the baby, I could sleep in while Sam and Sarah took care of things in the kitchen. I nodded and said, "Yeah, that would be great... Maybe some day when Sarah is bigger."
His closing remark... "Yeah, when we know how to work the oven."

From now on... When someone asks when are having another. Our answer will be- when Sam and Sarah know how to work the oven. Imagine their puzzled looks!

15 comments:

kateworthi said...

So funny. He is so sweet. I'm always in awe at how much he LOVES babies. It's adorable. Don't train S and S to work the kitchen too fast though - you might have to eat your words! I think he took that as a promise! ha ha. So cute.

missliss5/Melissa said...

Awww, what a sweetheart to think of that. That is seriously so sweet.

Haley said...

so funny!! what a cutie. he sounds like mitch!!! mitch loves to play with little kids and he is so good with them!!! little boys are so great!!!

[BrookeO] said...

Oh gosh, he is so funny! Thanks for the morning laugh. And do you mind if I ask you just so I can hear your response in person....?!

Anna said...

I never get tired of Sam stories.

Summer said...

What a sweetie! I noticed when we stayed with you how much he loved Alex, it was so funny. You've got great kids. I'm laughing about the kitchen/oven comment. I think I need a good response to the "when are you having more" question : )

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Projetores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://projetor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jen Coccimiglio said...

i could read your thoughts and stories all the living long day.

and! i've been working on our food storage! I had the same kind of experience you had, where i just felt so strongly that i needed to make it a priority. it has been really fun (i love spending money, apparently), and not as overwhelming as i thought.

right now, i'm mostly focusing on our 3 month supply. we have a little storage room downstairs that i am converting into our own little store. need some body wash? got that. how 'bout some cream of chicken? gotcha covered!

we are going to the dry pack cannery at the end of may. i'm excited for that, too! we tried to go this week, but it seems the dry pack canning missionaries are the meanest people in the world. ok, that was harsh, but their customer service could use a boost. we learned from a crotchety old lady that you can only come when your stake has an assignment. alright then, we'll play by your rules!

and now i can't stop learning about food storage and preservation, and how to cook with it and all of that. it is fascinating to me. and like you said, i don't know why i have had this impression, but it feels good to know that i am trying to follow the prophet's counsel.

sorry this is like the longest ever...

Lacey said...

How funny and smart! Isn't it amazing what kids put together?

Mike said...

gives new meaning to the phrase "having a bun in the oven" instead of saying "pregnant"....

Natalie said...

Oh Sam! He is such a sweetheart. I love that kid so much. He has such a good heart - he's really a special kid. Ahahaha that is hilarious about the oven!

Abi said...

no other words but that was so sweet. in so many ways and on so many levels!

carlyl said...

That is the sweetest thing Jo. He is such a cutie. What a dad he is gonna be not to mention a hubby. Good job on whatever you are doing and spead the good word so my boys can follow huh?

Angie said...

That is sooo funny. LOL!

Camilla Millar said...

that is so cute!! Sam sure is special. Davis avoids any housework possible. If we waited to have another until he would figure out the over, we'd be done now--wait a minute, that is not such a bad idea!!