Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Pointless Ramblings... Read at your own risk!

I'm weird. I know I'm weird, though, so does that make it better?


Speaking of which, I would like to interject this thought here. Sometimes I am a real dork. I say dorky things. I do dorky things. I can be just downright clueless! BUT! I usually realize my cluelessness sometime after it's been acted out. Is it better that I am aware of this? Sometimes I'm glad I am so I can be better next time. But! Sometimes I wish I could just continue on in clueless bliss!! Anyone?? (It brings up the point that it's best not to judge others since we're all working to be better people.)


This winter has not been quite as long and depressing for me as it has for most. I enjoy any weather that is not hot! (Like I said, I'm weird, I know.) My kids have had a blast playing in the snow and, most recently, rain. They've played outside more this winter than they did the entire last summer. True story! (They, too, tolerate cold better than heat.)


Anyway, all of this pointless rambling has been to introduce these adorable pics of the kids and their friends playing in the rain. (They spent hours playing in the recent rainstorms.) Nice intro, huh? So here they are!

P.S. Don't worry. I'm sure that later tonight I'll realize how dorky this post was and that I should've just never posted it.

11 comments:

Heather said...

You can ramble to me anytime!! I think I do a lot of it too!! Is your daughter the one in the blue coat??? If she is you look so much alike!!! Cute, cute!!! :)

JoAnna said...

The kids in the picture are from left to right- Malena Orrock, Sam, Sarah, Hailey Rowberry.

Haley said...

not dorky at all!!!! you have such ute kids!!! funny thing, i was just thinking about how i have nothing to blog about but dorky, meaningless ramblings!!!!!

BTW---way to go on winning the GRAB BAG!!!!!

I love Saying it Simply !!!!!

Natalie said...

Haha cute pictures!! This post is not dorky at all, except that now I am wondering what you did that made you feel so dorky and weird! I guarantee I do more dorky things than you. I constantly worry about things I said. I think it is good to be aware, but not too aware. A little cluelessness would be nice sometimes, huh?! :)

Lacey said...

Have you read my blog lately? Dork Central! You're kids are darling and any picture is blog worthy!

carlyl said...

Okay HILAROUS picture of Sarah and Haylee. Holy Cow I am laughing so hard. Those girls are so cute. Love the first one of Sam and Malena too. Are they gonna marry each other or what?

[BrookeO] said...

This may come out sounding all wrong but here goes, that is why I love ya! Not b/c you do dumb things, because we all do, but b/c you admit it and laugh at it and seriously make everyone feel better when you are around (okay i realize that sounds bad too) You have this way of making people feel human and real, I'm not making any sense am I?! Just know I love ya, all dorky-clueless-weird parts of you too!

Natali Thompson said...

That is so funny. You are strange-when I wake up to snow now, I just cry.

Kristen said...

I have a memory of my first rainfall in San Diego with you. You were so excited you were giddy! Minnesota sounds like a good place for you, but I bet you'd like Seattle even more.

kateworthi said...

obviously, I love rambling - the more, the better. And those are very cute pics of all of them.

Anna said...

The picture kind of took me off guard because the little girl to the left of Sam in the first picture looks like me when I was little.

Oh and I like cold weather but I need to see the sun occassionaly to feel emotionally stable.