Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Latest...

I think it's time for another edition of "my latest."

[...read...] It's All Too Much by Peter Walsh. Which brings me to my next latest...


[...project...] Decluttering my entire house. I am ALWAYS up for some organizing and decluttering. I try to do it on a regular basis. But this book has totally inspired me to take it to the next level. I have tons and tons and tons of bags going to charity. Even more bags than that that have gone to the dump. And a lot of stuff I'm selling on Craig's List. I feel FREE! It is the best feeling to live in a house that is so completely clutter-free. I recommend this book to everyone because, really... who in America these days does not have a clutter problem??


[...frustration...] Baking. I tried making Dave some choco chip cookies tonight (his all-time fav) and they totally flopped. But so have most of my baking attempts as of late. What is the deal??? I really have no idea. Things I've always had success with in the past are now failing me. Grr!!


[...dvr fav...] ELLEN!!! CawCawCaw! Could she be any funnier?? It is truly the highlight of my day to watch her show. Most of the time I have to wait to watch it at night when the kids are in bed but what a great way to end my day. She is so uplifting. Dave always busts me when I watch the show. He says I have a grin on my face whenever he sees me watching it. It's true! How could I not?? And did you see the 70 yr old first-grader on the other day? Hello!! Could he be any cuter?? It made my whole life to watch his reaction to her gift. Sigh! You're missing out if you you're not watching this show!!


[...countdown...] So You Think You Can Dance!! Only 17 days and 19 hours from now. I love this show and honestly miss it. (I'm a dork, I know. Refer to previous post.)


...This "latest" has a close second... I'm also counting down to my SHARK. I used to have one of these and I miss it so bad. It broke a year or so ago and nothing else has compared to it. So Dave is getting me one for my birthday. The wait is simply killing me. 36 more days!


[...failed attempt...] (Besides the cookies I tried to bake tonight) Contacts. I've always been told that with my certain astygmatism that I could not wear contacts, much to my dismay. At my last eye exam, however, the doc informed me that I could now wear contacts if I wanted to. So I decided to give it a shot! Can you say h-e-l-l? Trying to get those things into my eyes brings up every swear word you can imagine! In fact, on day two I ripped one! I suck at this. But I'm not going to give up. However, I think I may put it off a bit. I couldn't have picked a worst time to try them out. The spring winds have sparked my eye allergies into full force. Not so pleasant.

[...brilliant blog read...] Dave's brother Mike about his stay in NYC.

[...reason I love Dave...] My three hour nap today.

[...reason I love Sam...] The dandelion he brought back from the park for me.

[...reason I love Sarah...] She ate all three meals today! (Not one of them healthy, but sustenance nonetheless.)

[...reason life is so rich...] ALL OF YOU!!!

13 comments:

Shellie said...

I love this post! I especially love that you are back with ELLEN! Seriously she is so super funny and I LOVE her show. I have to have my fix everyday, thank goodness for DVR. I used to want to go to Oprah (and still wouldn't mind) but now I think Ellen's show would be so much more fun! I saw the 70 year old guy and I was almost in tears that he was so excited about her gift. Really it does bring a smile :)

Lacey said...

I can relate on so many levels!
-I have been trying to declutter my house for a couple of years now. I suck at it. I think I need your book.
-Keep working on the cookies. Good cookies will not only bless your life, but those around you.
-Love Ellen! I think she's hilarious!
-I have a So You Think You Can Dance countdown chain. Not sure I can last 17 more days!
-Love my Shark and am trying to talk Gator into buying me the Shark steam cleaner for Mother's Day.
-I spent 3 1/2 hours at the eye doctors trying to get my contacts in. I'm so thankful I spent the time.
Loved this post!

Lacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

I am so with you on the chocolate chip cookies. It's the midwest and all it's humidity. My current mission is to figure it all out but I have to take at least a week break between attempts.

Anna said...

I am so with you on the chocolate chip cookies. It's the midwest and all it's humidity. My current mission is to figure it all out but I have to take at least a week break between attempts.

Natali Thompson said...

I love reading your blog! You always have the best posts!! I need to keep organizing my house-I will have to give that book a shot. The contacts-that cracks me up! When I started wearing them, I was an hour and a half late to work the first day I had to put them in myself! It gets WAY easier!

kateworthi said...

I just Love this post. Yeah Jo, it's easy to get discouraged with the contacts- but don't. it's WAY worth the frustration. Keep trying. And Seriously, I'm having the same problem with baking. I've totally messed up things that I've always had good success with too! I wonder if it really is because it's just gotten more humid or something. It's weird. It's nice to have someone to commiserate with! We all can't be as perfect a bakers as Shellie and Brooke I guess! :)

Jen Trost said...

Oh I remember the first time with contacts! It felt like your eyelid had to go over a bump every time I blinked. Weird how now I don't even feel it. Good luck with that!! :)

Elise said...

I'm addicted to de-cluttering and just finished the book. Great.

Don't bake, but enjoy yours and don't think you should give up either : )

I'm sending all my good karma for your contact adventure!

Haley said...

i love your new look!!!!

great post!!! i love ellen and i have hardly watched it since we moved to Ohio. It comes on right at the time when i am doing homework with my kids. I don't have tivo or dvr so i can't watch it at another time. it makes me sad!!!

the SHARK looks great, i think i need one too!!!

Natalie said...

I love love your blog look Jo!! You did an amazing job!!
Ugh - I gave up on contacts after the one time I tried them. My eyes are so dry. But I should maybe try them again. I hope it gets better.

[BrookeO] said...

I LOVE THIS post.
We don't hang out near often enough!




All I can say is Ka KAAAA!!!!!

Julianna said...

I am Shellie's sister, Hailey's aunt. Pardon me for looking at your blog and actually commenting, but I have to know what your countdown is for So You Think....I'm so addicted!!! Are you going to see it live? Is it starting for another season? If so, where have I been! Please do tell!