Thursday, May 8, 2008

TODAY!

Today is the first day of Dave's VACATION week!!! We are off to spend two nights in Minneapolis as a family. We have lots of fun things planned and we are as giddy as could be! I'm planning to take lots of pics to share when we get back.
This should be an interesting week. I think we all have different ideas of how we want to spend the time. In fact, I'll bet if we all had to sit down and make a list, they would like something like this:

Dave's List
  • Read a book
  • Sleep a lot
  • Watch some good television
  • Sit on the couch for long periods of time
  • Go to the dentist

Sam and Sarah's List

  • Go to Chuck E Cheese with Daddy
  • Spam Museum with Daddy
  • Every park in Rochester with Daddy
  • Leo's Pizza Palace with Daddy

Jo's List

  • Dave takes the kids for an entire day so I can get things done around the house
  • Dave spackle and paint
  • Dave weed the garden
  • Dave and I clean out the garage
  • Dave caulk the roof
  • Dave clean out the gutters
  • Dave and I go out on a date

Hmmm... Do you think we can manage to accomplish all of this? We're sure as heck going to try! (Minus Leo's Pizza Palace! Yuck!) I'll keep you posted.

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Have fun Jo! Make sure that surgeon does some work for you!

Kathi said...

Poor Dave. But he'll love it.

[BrookeO] said...

Let me help you with some of those items on your list, lets see, I will take watch the kids while you go out on a date for starters!!!

SERIOUS!

Kristin said...

Have fun sleeping in, thats always the first thing on my list, since getting up at 6:30 am for Matt is sleeping in, so he gets the boys and I get another hour or more.

missliss5/Melissa said...

Hahah----I just loved YOUR list!

carlyl said...

How fun and nice for him to finally get a break. Oh and how about 2 dates and I will watch them too....

Natalie said...

This is funny! Sounds like Dave needs more time off. (You all wish.) Hopefully a happy medium can be reached. The family mucation part in Minneapolis sounds sooooooo fun!!

Camilla Millar said...

Good luck and have fun!

Elise said...

SWEET! I hope you guys have a great weekend and get lots done during the week!!!

kateworthi said...

Hope you guys are having a blast!!!

Melissa said...

This is so funny. Its crazy how different our expectations are of the vacation week.